Blackstone Infrastructure Partners - Tax, Director
Job Description: Blackstone Infrastructure Partners - Tax Director Employer:
Blackstone Firm Profile:
Blackstone is one of the world's leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with $512 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com . Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone . Infrastructure
Infrastructure is one of Blackstone's most active investment areas. Over the last 15 years, we have invested in more than $40 billion of infrastructure-related projects globally. Blackstone's approach to infrastructure investing is one that puts a focus on responsible stewardship and community engagement. In areas such as clean power, energy transmission, communications technology, and many others, we have helped move forward sustainable projects that drive local economic growth and job creation, and enhance quality of life. In doing so, we work closely with civic stakeholders to help make sure that critical infrastructure is developed in a responsible manner that is responsive to community needs. Job Title:
Director Job Description:
The Tax Director will provide domestic and international tax compliance and reporting support for Blackstone's Infrastructure Funds. This individual will help implement best practices for compliance and reporting as well as:
- Manage the tax compliance process and supervise service providers to deliver accurate tax reporting.
- Coordinate and review tax allocations of partnership income, inclusive of rebalancing and basis tracking.
- Coordinate and review tax provisions for corporations.
- Research tax treatment of financial instruments and complex step transactions.
- Review tax procedures at domestic and international portfolio companies; includes managing the collection of tax information from underlying portfolio assets.
- Coordinate quarterly projections and related estimated payments.
- Gather and analyze complex financial information for purposes of international tax determinations and tax reform reporting.
- Respond to Limited Partners' tax inquiries or ad-hoc requests.
- Respond to tax authority requests & notices and oversee audit proceedings.
- Coordinate with financial reporting and tax advisors to ensure proper accounting of transactions.
- Supervise and develop staff.
- Understanding of UBTI, ECI, and state and local considerations and interaction with investor concerns and tax structure.
- Ability to interact with investors, finance/tax colleagues, and senior management.
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors as well as:
- 8 years minimum of Big 4 tax experience with real estate/infrastructure asset classes.
- Must have an understanding of open ended fund structures and related allocations
- Must have extensive knowledge of investment fund tax accounting concepts; including partnership tax accounting, tax allocations, management and incentive fees.
- Must have relevant tax experience with a concentration in partnerships; corporate tax experience is a plus.
- CPA, with MST preferred
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work with complex data to drive decision-making.
- Highly organized and self-motivated, with follow-through on commitments.
- Effective verbal and written communicator.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic culture, with the ability to take initiative and be hands-on.
- Strong work ethic, responsiveness for client service and quality.
- Must be an excellent team player with good interpersonal skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered " prefer not to say "). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit
at the bottom of this form.