BlackRock Alternative Specialists (Sales/Fundraising), Managing Director/Director, Private Credit
Description About this role
BlackRock Alternatives Specialists (BAS) is a specialized sales force that covers all channels, geographies and Alternatives products in partnership with the generalist relationship managers. The group has exceptional access to the investment teams, resources and strategies within BAI and is tasked with identifying and creating solutions for clients using BlackRock's broad expertise across Alternative investment capabilities. BlackRock's objective is no less than to create the world's preeminent provider of Alternative investment solutions.
BAI is a fast growing business unit, offering clients access to global leading investment solutions across the entire Alternatives spectrum. BlackRock anticipates significant growth in Alternatives and is seeking a Managing Director for our Americas Private Credit sales force to execute on fundraising strategies and distribution efforts more broadly. This position offers the opportunity to join one of the world's leading asset management firms at a time of significant focus on the Alternatives investment business.
The individual will be responsible for supporting the Alternatives fundraising efforts for Private Credit in the Americas in close coordination with the investment professionals, client businesses and executives within the business. The individual will be responsible for supporting the broader Alternatives sales and engagement strategy, maintaining key client and prospect relationships to grow our broader Alternatives business and assets under management.
Role and Responsibilities
- Execute the Americas private credit sales campaign strategy. Serve as central point of contact and key representative from distribution to senior stakeholders and portfolio managers in the BlackRock Alternatives Group (BAI).
- Build robust and lasting sales dialogues with private credit allocators at large North American institutional investors, with specific expertise in U.S. Pensions, bringing a deep subject matter expertise to the sales process, and being accountable for significant asset growth.
- Manage key client relationships at a senior level with alternatives portfolio managers to raise closed-end fund commitments and design customized strategies focused on private credit.
- Work with distribution partners in the Institutional Client Business (ICB), Financial Institutions Group (FIG), Global Consultant Relations (GCR) and US Wealth Advisory to drive new business opportunities.
- Actively supporting the existing relationship managers' sales efforts with clients and prospects as an alternative's expert.
- Clearly and concisely articulate multiple alternative product characteristics and BlackRock Alternatives Platform narrative to sophisticated institutional investors.
- Initiate education and sales activity with investors not currently engaged in alternatives discussions with BlackRock.
- Ensure participation in large profitable RFPs and source non-competitive opportunities.
Experience, Skills, and Personal Qualities
Education and Credentials
- Substantial experience in institutional fundraising with deep relationships across a range of institutional, with a focus on U.S. Pensions, and or wealth investor clients in the Americas and strong understanding of the asset management sales process as it relates to institutional and or wealth investors. (Track record of successful selling to public and corporate pension plans, foundations & endowments, wealth channels, and financial institutions highly beneficial).
- Experience in Alternatives fundraising with an understanding of limited partnership fundraising, and Alternatives separate accounts.
- Proven sales background - track record of building strong client relationships and being viewed as a "trusted advisor".
- Track record of successfully leading sales teams - collaborative and cooperative approach to a team based sales model.
- Ability to drive results in an autonomous working environment and in close collaboration with colleagues within and across business units.
- Capacity to move effectively and efficiently between engaging with investors, relationship managers and product managers to provide value added perspective and deliverables.
- Fluency across alternatives products with knowledge of both public and private Credit.
- Strong communication skills - ability to clearly and concisely articulate product and platform characteristics to sophisticated investors both in written work and presentations to large and small audiences.
- Strong leadership qualities, intellectual ability and interpersonal skills to establish credibility with the senior leaders throughout the organization as well as the targeted investor community.
- Passion for the financial markets and alternatives asset class.
- Ability to lead by example - high ethical standards and strong work ethic.
- Minimum 10 years' experience, 15+ years' experience preferred.
- Significant travel expected.
- Series 7 and 63 required. Graduate degree or CFA Preferred.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.