Summary: The Human Resources Benefits Analyst position will be key member of the benefits team that administers and manages the day to day activities of the banks benefits programs – inclusive of health and risk insurances, voluntary benefits, retirement plans and wellness programs. This position
The Human Resources Benefits Analyst position will be key member of the benefits team that administers and manages the day to day activities of the banks benefits programs – inclusive of health and risk insurances, voluntary benefits, retirement plans and wellness programs. This position interfaces with third party vendors, the HR Business Partners, Payroll, and other internal departments to provide analysis for all benefits programs in support of the banks goals and initiatives. Provide customer service to employees and retirees regarding interpretation of Mizuho benefit plans.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify and drive process improvements and proactively refine the overall operations of benefits
- Manage the administration of all U.S benefit programs including medical, dental, vision, retirement, disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts and other employee incentive benefit programs.
- Facilitate annual enrollment process and communications, including implementation of recommended benefit plan and vendor changes
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations that impact benefit plans
- Ability to organize information required for all nondiscrimination testing, 5500 preparation, SARs, Audits, etc.
- Perform plan audits, required tax filings, and ensure compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations that impact benefit plans
- Retirement Plan Analysis – Defined Benefit Plan funding, valuations, financials, disclosures, participant calculations
- Retirement Plans – Investment/fee review, required participant disclosures, benchmarking/trends, summary plan description updates, assist in development of retirement plan committee materials
- Preparation of creative benefit communications to enhance understanding and utilization of benefit programs (Total Rewards, Wellness, Retirement Savings)
- Work closely with payroll to ensure benefit deductions and pay leaves are processed accurately
- Responsible for maintaining and ensuring data integrity between our HRIS system (Workday) and all carriers integrations
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of corporate benefits accounting and administration experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects from concept to implementation
- Knowledge of ERISA, HIPPA, IRS Regulations
- Strong Analytical Skill – Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Skilled at researching, and analyzing data
- Able to work with a variety of individuals at all levels of management.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a timely manner
- Ability to concisely communicate complex information
- Experience with defined benefit pension plans is a plus
- Workday experience is a plus
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution that offers clients award-winning strategic and creative solutions in corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. We have experts in offices throughout the US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil and Chile. Our operations in the Americas connect our broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector entities to local markets and the vast global network of our parent company—Mizuho Financial Group.
Mizuho Financial Group is one of the largest financial institutions in the world, offering comprehensive financial and strategic services including private banking and venture capital through its subsidiaries. Based in Japan, the group has over 56,000 professionals working in 920 offices in nearly 40 countries throughout Asia, EMEA, and the Americas. As of March 31, 2016 its total assets were $1.8 trillion.