Balance Sheet Solutions and Optimization - Balance Sheet Mgmt Ld Analyst
The Balance Sheet Mgmt Ld Analyst is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
Job Background Treasury's Balance Sheet Solutions and Optimization ("BSSO") unit's responsibilities cover three key areas:
- Asset Allocation: Leading the analysis of / investment strategy for optimizing Citi's $400bn+ global liquidity portfolios
- Balance Sheet Optimization and Analytics: Identifying and implementing solutions to optimize Citigroup's balance sheet. This function includes driving modeling / analytics to support securities portfolios decision making.
- Costing the Balance Sheet: Leading refinements in the design of Citigroup's Transfer Pricing, Liquidity Premium and Capital Allocation frameworks to incentivize optimal use of Citi's financial resources
The successful candidate will join the Balance Sheet Optimization and Analytics team, assisting with modeling and balance sheet optimization initiatives.
- Lead the development and monitoring of BSSO LIBOR Transition project plan in part related to models sponsored by BSSO and Citi Treasury Investments (CTI).
- Coordinate the project execution as well as related modeling activities (documentation, re-validation, model changes) with vendors and internal model development teams
- Coordinate with BSSO management and support/represent BSSO across working groups and project meetings. Stay current with industry developments regarding the implementation of Risk Free Rates and update senior management on a regular basis
- Apply appropriate controls and processes to maintain compliance with the Citi Model Risk Management policy
- Cooperate with other LIBOR Transition teams, including related technology development work-streams on issues related to LIBOR Transition.
- Participate in prototyping and testing of product and system changes related to LIBOR Transition project
- Coordinate with central LIBOR Transition team and product teams to ensure smooth project execution
- Prepare and support recurring and ad hoc analyses and presentation materials related to LIBOR Transition for senior management forums.
- Assist in coordinating and liaising with businesses and functions to educate and garner support for project initiatives.
- Contribute and support other cross-group projects and initiatives
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 year experience in finance, especially managing cross functional projects at the middle / senior management level
- Knowledge of financial instruments and products (fixed income products, financial derivatives, hedging instruments) including an awareness of bank regulation, accounting, valuation techniques and risk measurement.
- Analytical background with problem solving skills and an ability to assimilate information across a variety of financial disciplines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written, with the ability to converse with a wide variety of people across functions / seniority.
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- Coding knowledge such as SQL, VBA and Python, as well as working experience with SharePoint, will also be an advantage.
- High energy, self-starter with a flexible and pragmatic attitude and a desire to show continued progress.
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Business, Engineering or related fields
Exceptional candidates who do not meet all of the criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .