BGC Technology: Software Development Manager
Development Manager - Market Data
BGC Technology is looking for a dynamic development manager to lead the software team in building its new commercial data products. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of modernizing data infrastructures and software within the financial industry. Key Tasks/Duties
- Lead full life-cycle software development
- Manage many development projects at one time
- Drive the development process through design implementation and deployment for each project.
- Mentor team members encouraging career and personal growth
- Ensure the team meets all deadlines and launch dates through an effective sprint planning process
- Collaborate effectively across many different teams including infrastructure, product, and other dev teams.
- Manage all technical specs and implementation schedules
- Offer expertise during the design and build phases
- Minimum BA/BS in Engineering or Computer Science
- Complete SDLC exposure
- Expert Object Oriented Design and implementation
- 8+ years Java/C++ (We are mostly Java) experience dealing with real-time multi-threaded systems as well as web based applications
- 8+ years working with Oracle/SQL or comparable RDBMS with skills to create and maintain stored procedures, manage database objects and perform data optimization tasks as necessary
- 5+ Years working in "Big Data" technologies, for example, Hadoop, Spark, Storm, Cassandra, etc.
- Experience in handling large real-time data volumes
- Recent AWS data pipeline architecture experience
- Competency - Able to lead a group to maintain existing applications and develop new ones with short iterative development cycles.
- Competency - Able to solve complex technical problems and effectively communicate solutions.
- Competency - Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Expert Java/C++
- Expert Linux/Unix shell scripting
- Experience with RDBMS (Oracle, Postgres, Sybase)
- Expert Data warehouse
- Expert Big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Storm, Cassandra or AWS equivalents.
- Experience in DevOps / Cloud deployment workflows/techniques
- Some of the following: Python or other scripting languages, .Net, Junit, FIX experience, kdb+