BGC Technology: Fenics Market Data Developer
Developer - Fenics Market Data Role
This is a hands-on C/C++ development role to create and maintain market data products and services. Key Tasks/Duties
- Contribute to the design, development and implementation of market data feed applications to support market data business requirements
- Code to the BGC trading system API to subscribe and publish market data.
- Maintain Sybase IQ data store which includes understanding SQL-92 as well as the Sybase procedural language
- Write test code and documentation for all software projects
- Attend project meetings and offer expertise during the design and build phases
- Minimum BA/BS in Engineering or Computer Science
- Complete SDLC exposure
- Expert Object Oriented Design and implementation
- 2-5+ years C/C++ experience - Experience dealing with real-time multi-threaded systems will large data volumes
- 2-5+ years working with Sybase IQ or comparable RDBMS with skills to create and maintain stored procedures, manage database objects and perform data optimization tasks as necessary
- Experience coding/deploying to Unix/Linux and Windows
- Competency - Able to work independently or in a group to maintain existing applications and develop new ones with short iterative development cycles.
- Competency - Able to solve complex technical problems and effectively communicate solutions.
- Competency - Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- RDBMS (Sybase, Oracle 11g, Postgres 9.0+)
- Linux/Unix toolset for C++ de (vi, make, etc.)
- Perforce (or other source control solution)
- Nice to Have
- Python or other scripting languages
- FIX experience