BGC Tech: Integration Specialist Lead
BGC Partners -- Integration Specialist Lead (NYC) Job Summary:
As part of the Integration team, the Candidate will be responsible for supporting external clients with the development and rollout of company's proprietary APIs and financial products globally. The Candidate will work closely with customers & vendors and internal sales & development teams to coordinate e-trading and STP integration projects and development. Although this position is based out of NYC, you will be expected to work/interface with multiple lines of business and geographies.
This is not a development position; instead requires someone with a breadth of technical, business and support skills mainly in the Fixed Income area. Excellent communication and first-class customer and business facing skills are essential. Flexible working hours and some travel is required. Duties and responsibilities:
• Provide technical and development support to external investment banking clients and software vendors utilizing company's proprietary APIs & FIX(4.4/5.0) for e-trading, prices and STP in various financial products
• Partner and support Sales on pre and post engagements with clients for potential integration projects for e-trading, priced feeds, STP and market data distribution.
• Liaise with internal development to intelligently build enhancements to integration solutions based on client and business feedback
• Work with external software vendors that have integrated with our systems, or vice versa
• Co-ordinate the release of new APIs and enhancements with external clients
• Follow up technical leads at banks provided by e-commerce/Sales team
• Accompany Sales teams to external demos, and advise and participate in technical discussions regarding functionality, features, connectivity, development and test effort
• Test enhancements & new releases, demonstrate to Sales, and coordinate its rollout with Sales, clients, and internal implementation and support teams
• Identify and manage any integration issues. Provide 3rd level of support to production issues relating to API usage and STP
• Documenting procedures and training internal support teams Experience required:
• 5+ years of client facing experience is required
• 5+ years of FIX protocol experience is required
• Financial industry and Capital market understanding. Knowledge of Front/Middle/Back-office systems.
• Exposure to third-party trading software and connectivity vendors.
• Experience of working on VeriFIX for testing and certification.
• Development experience with Java or C++ is preferred but not required
• Familiarity with Linux/ Unix
• Familiarity with networking protocols such as TCP/IP and UDP.
• Technical / University degree is required. Skills:
• Ability to prioritise, take full ownership and responsibility of various tasks without losing attention to detail.
• Excellent communication & interpersonal skills. Ability to work alone and as part of a team, and under pressure.
• Self-starter, flexible and adaptable. Proactive and enthusiastic attitude to their work