BGC Tech: Customer Support - Associate
eOperations is a global team spread across EMEA, APAC and US providing level-one trading platform, middle-office, market data and STP support, for the BGC group (BGC/GFI/Cantor Fitzgerald/RP Martin/Sunrise/Mint/Aurel/Latium), across FX/Rates/Credit markets.
The team receives issues/requests from both internal (eSales, product, brokers) & external (traders, operations/IT support teams) clients. Leveraging a unique skillset mix (business, product, technical and compliance knowledge, along with relationship management) to investigate and resolve or delegate these to other IT teams where required. Therefore adding business value and mitigating risk exposure (revenue, reputation and financial).
Operating in a fast-paced environment, request/issues are mostly time-sensitive and carry potential financial and/or reputational risk, particularly in volatile markets. Therefore multi-tasking, assessing priority, ownership and proactive communication both to clients and within the team, is of utmost importance. Role
The eOperations analyst will join the US team, working together as a unit to provide coverage across various services supported but also working independently where needed. Responsibilities
- First-line response for questions/issues (via email, phone, Bloomberg IM); ensuring all detail logged clearly in ticketing system (JIRA) for audit trail and metrics, ownership and proactive client updates through to resolution.
- Log file investigation for trade/user actions.
- Raising defects with development and product teams.
- Perform daily health checks.
- BAU application deployment to external customers.
- Provide platform/middle office training where required (brokers, other team members, external clients)
- Producing regular and ad hoc operational reports (i.e. client user lists, login reports)
- Logging into UAT environment to increase own knowledge of platforms and reproduce issues from live environment.
- Real-time surveillance of electronic trading activity.
- Collaborating with Asia and London eOperations teams, for shared services.
- Document and update internal procedures/client contacts on central repository (confluence).
- Collaborate with various stakeholders on:
- Existing business functional changes
- New product launches.
- Regulatory and external client driven change.
- 3+ years in a first-line support environment (preferably broker, investment bank, exchange, clearing house or similar financial services) is essential.
- End-to-end trade flow knowledge, including market data and STP (RTNS, MarkitServ, ICElink, and ION) is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of credit (CDS/Bond) markets essential, FX highly desirable.
- Deployment and network connectivity experience highly desirable.
- Good knowledge of SEF regulation.
- Adapting to new proprietary technologies and financial products.
- Lateral thinking - many queries/issues are ambiguous or unique.
- Excellent verbal, written and in-person communication - ability to understand a business user and translate to IT in technical detail.
- Accountability, resiliency, conflict and expectation management. The candidate will be facing-off with demanding clients in a volatile environment, therefore needs to be able to react calmly and quickly.
- Microsoft suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Teams chat).
- FIX API knowledge highly desirable.
- UNIX/SQL knowledge beneficial.
- JIRA service desk knowledge beneficial.
- The US team provides support coverage 24 hours a day, through shifts. The candidate would not be required for night shifts but could be one of below: o 6:30 to 15:30 o 7:00 to 16:00 o 8:00 to 17:00 o 8:30 to 17:30 •
- The candidate should be within one hour commute of office locations.
- The role will likely require rotation, to ensure eOperations presence at both locations.
- Working from home is allowed on an exceptional basis only, given the nature of the role requires close communication with team members and business users.
- Weekend work is not normally required but may be in exceptional circumstances.
- Given the amount of teams eOperations interacts with, there are several potential opportunities for career progression (eOperations team lead, application support, product management, broking, change management, eSales, business analysis, to name a few).