BGC Partners: Customer Support Lead
eOperations is a global team, providing first-line trading platform, middle-office, market data and STP support, for BGC group brands, across FX/Rates/Credit markets.
The team receives issues/requests from both internal (eSales, product, brokers) & external (traders, operations/IT support teams) clients, investigates (using tools and log files where required) and resolves or delegates to other IT teams where required.
Many request/issues are time sensitive and carry potential financial and/or reputational risk, therefore multi-tasking, assessing priority, ownership and proactive communication to clients, is critical to team's success. Role
The lead will represent US eOperations; drive team culture, be a champion for client service excellence and team brand, leading by example. Proactive communication and expectation management is critical for success in this role. Responsibilities
- Ensuring the live platforms, market data and STP feeds, run in an orderly and compliant fashion - identification, escalation and management of major incidents (including joining bridge calls to represent eOperations)
- Ensuring the team completes daily tasks, all issues/requests logged (delegating where required) in the ticketing system (JIRA) are resolved or have an owner assigned, with clear audit trail maintained.
- Ensure team members log into phones and maintain status throughout their shift.
- Ensuring the team is sufficiently resourced to manage current (day-to-day, including holiday scheduling) and pipeline (as the offerings the team support grow) workload.
- Collaborating with business, eSales and product teams on US initiatives, prioritising upcoming work, to ensure the eOperations team is aware, sufficiently resourced and has required tooling/training, to provide effective support.
- Mentoring, facilitating cross-training, career mapping and conducting performance management for the team.
- Ensuring client service level agreements are respected, reviewing and changing if required.
- Building new and strengthening existing partnerships with our clients.
- Ongoing review of processes/controls/procedures, ensuring they are documented (create or update where required), stored in a central team repository (Confluence). Identify opportunities for streamlining.
- Collaborating with IT teams to log and track delivery for US business changes/bug fixes.
- Compiling ad hoc/routine management reports (team performance, headcount, issues) for Global eOperations lead, clients and other stakeholders, where required.
- Collaborating with APAC/EMEA eOperations leads, implement follow-the-sun model for services where possible/feasible/beneficial.
- Completing any required company internal training and ensuring the team completes theirs.
- 2+ year's proven leading (or being a senior team member with leadership responsibilities) a team of 4+ full time employees, in a time-sensitive first or second-line support environment (preferably broker, investment bank or similar financial services) is essential.
- Deployment, platform, market data and STP issue investigation/implementation experience is highly desirable
- Credit and FX product experience highly desirable as business has strong presence in these markets.
- Good knowledge of SEF regulation.
- Financial product knowledge in either one or a combination of FX/Rates/Equities/Credit.
- UNIX/SQL/FIX knowledge would be beneficial.
- Adapting to new technologies and financial products. Most of the technology supported by eOperations is proprietary.
- Excellent verbal, written and in-person communication - ability to communicate with a business user and translate to IT in technical detail.
- Accountability, resiliency, conflict and expectation management. The US lead will be facing-off with demanding clients in a volatile environment, therefore needs to be able to react calmly and quickly.
- The team is currently made of six full-time members, split between 55/199 offices - supporting live markets from 6:30am through to 6pm. It is imperative to ensure there is sufficient team resource available to cover and will require the lead to support when needed.
- The role will require rotation, to ensure eOperations leadership presence at both locations, to attend meetings or visit business leads.
- Weekend work is not normally required but may be in exceptional circumstances.