BAI Business Management Associate/VP
Description About this role
BlackRock Alternative Investors (BAI) investment teams manage over $300 billion in Alternative assets across Private Credit, Private Equity, Real Estate, Infrastructure and Hedge Funds. Platform Business Management is a function within BAI responsible for the oversight and management of non-investment related activities which are meant to facilitate the investment process, day-to-day operations and support a robust risk and control framework. Business Management seeks to create efficiencies, transform processes and workflows for best outcomes in addition to optimizing data. Platform Business Management will act as a central service provider to BAI businesses by working with key stakeholders on strategic, operational and daily business matters. Responsibilities
Required Skill Set:
- Assist team in administration of the business, helping drive business and operational priorities
- Participate in the financial planning processes in close partnership with FP&A, including budgeting, forecasting and reporting.
- Manage vendors, including contract renewals, invoicing in partnership with SVM
- Partner with business leads and recruiting partners to open up positions, requisitions, prioritize open roles and ensure diverse hiring slates
- In partnership with HR, plan and execute talent development, team building and training initiatives to build a more inclusive culture
- Elevate the use of analytics and data to measure team's impact
- Strong partnership with other BAI platform partners (CorePM, Portfolio Finance, Digital Strategy, etc.)
- Partner with team to create process and structure to support business goals and objectives
- Ensure ongoing development and maintenance of relevant systems, infrastructure, applications and tools. Apply best practice, championing change and improvements and make recommendations based upon the business needs
- Enhance operating and risk control environment of internal processes and ensure that the guidelines related to operations, sourcing and vendor management, compliance, regulatory and legal obligations are met across all interactions
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and supervise work of team member(s). Help group head to determine metrics to analyze the performance of the team
- Coordinate and document operating platform improvement efforts and other project work for the platform
- Invest in internal relationship building in order to deliver superior service across BAI businesses
- Schedule and conduct meetings with key project stakeholders and manage their expectations
- Coordinate and liaise with stakeholders to ensure effective execution as per defined timelines and tracking deviations
- Carry out internal management reporting and business requests including developing reports in word, excel and PowerPoint
The ideal candidate will be a high-energy, self-motivated individual who has management experience working in successful business environment.
- BA/BS degree in related field (Economics, Finance or Accounting).
- 2+ years of experience in relevant experience in business management and financial services.
- Strong prioritization skills with ability to multitask in a dynamic environment; highly organized
- People management and leadership skills, with the ability to inspire and engage junior talent and translate strategy into action across both direct and cross-functional virtual teams
- Knowledge of project planning and management procedures, practices, and techniques
- Clearly exhibits sound business judgement.
- Detail and task oriented; able to successfully coordinate and manage multiple projects and priorities in a cross-functional team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio).
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.