Automation Strat: Front Office Position - Tier 1 Investment Bank
- $250 - 350K
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Jove International
- 15 Feb 19
My client is a world leading front office group in developing quantitative and technical solutions to solve complex business solutions. They are seeking to add an automation strat in New York. Huge visibility and priority from senior members of the business - are you looking to advance your career in 2019?
Automation strats team
The Equity Derivatives Automation team is responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining the models and systems used for pricing and trading equity derivatives. Their broad mandate is to research models and build infrastructure to improve workflows and systematize trading strategies. They model and implement processes for price discovery and market calibration as well as finding parameterizations for things like equity funding spreads and vol surfaces. In addition, they build out the infrastructure for automated trading, such as the quoting system and request for quote processes including the automated calculation of bid and offer prices.
As an Automation Strat, you will play an integral role on the trading floor and work directly with traders to create cutting-edge solutions by:
- Researching new models for pricing and risk management in our equity derivatives franchise
- Building new platforms that implement our models in robust and efficient code, often taking advantage of parallelization and distributed computation
- Reworking existing model infrastructure to improve speed, resiliency and data capture at all levels
- Working closely with the trading desk and infrastructure teams to eliminate waste and inefficiencies in our existing workflows
A suitable candidate would be a quantitative developer – somewhere inbetween an engineer and a researcher but perhaps a little more focused towards the engineering side. Therefore, a software engineering background would be most suitable. Nevertheless, this role is for you if you are equally excited about creating pricing models as you are about writing flexible and resilient code to implement your algos.
Basic Qualifications and qualities required
- Academic background in a STEM discipline such as Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or Financial Engineering
- 2+yrs experience writing code in a structured language (C, C++, Java, etc.) for real-time processing applications
- Analytical background including an understanding of applied math, probability, or statistics
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences
- Asset class - equity derivatives.
- No prior experience needed in finance just an interest.
If you wish to be considered for this position, reach out to Alexander Naudi at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +44 203 432 8464