Auditor New York, NY Brookfield Asset Management
Brookfield Asset Management Inc. (Brookfield), is a leading global alternative asset manager and one of the largest investors in real assets. focused on property, infrastructure, renewable power and private equity assets with over $475-billion of assets under management.
Internal Audit is an independent, objective assurance and consulting function established within Brookfield Asset Management with a team of audit professionals based in Toronto, New York, Brazil, UK, India, and Australia. The Department provides internal audit services to Brookfield Asset Management and all public controlled affiliates.
As an Auditor, you will work closely with Audit and Compliance Seniors, Managers and Directors, to conduct compliance-monitoring reviews, risk-based audits, and advisory and consulting engagements across Brookfield's regulated, asset management business. Your experience at Brookfield will not only provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the internal audit process but also a deep understanding of compliance monitoring and many business processes within the organization. Position Summary:
Reporting to the Audit Manager, the responsibilities of this position would include, but are not limited to:
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Support the execution of compliance-monitoring and internal audit programs, inclusive of development of risk-based test procedures
- Work closely with the Internal Audit and Compliance teams to build strong relationships with the business management during the engagements
- Identify gaps and improvement opportunities in processes and controls and provide constructive and practical recommendations
- Write clear, concise and constructive findings based on facts, severity and potential impact
- Perform follow-up procedures to determine the implementation of recommendations; and assess the adequacy of the corrective action
This position offers excellent opportunities in a dynamic environment for an individual with a "hands- on" approach. To qualify, candidates must have:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, legal or related field, relevant experience in external or internal audit or regulatory compliance preferred;
- Progress toward relevant professional qualification such as CPA, CA or CIA;
- Experience in private equity/asset management sector preferred;
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, global team-oriented environment, managing various stakeholders with competing demands;
- Strong communication skills in both written (documentation of findings and reports) and verbal (interviewing process owners, presentation of findings in client meetings);
- Self-motivated and proactive, with respect to both managing workload and professional development;
- Advanced level in Microsoft Office™; and
- Self-motivated and proactive, with respect to both managing workload and professional development.
This position would be suitable for those candidates who meet the role qualifications and who thrive in a performance-driven environment that emphasizes employee leadership and accountability for delivering results.