- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Audit Director, Corporate Functions - Governance
Audit Director, Corporate Functions - Governance
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Other Location: United States,Florida,Tampa
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Audit
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18050833
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Internal Audit is a global organization of over 1800 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi's numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
The Director - Governance role provides the Internal Audit organization with strategic direction in the establishment of risk-based auditing and reporting in the governance area ensuring the timely delivery of high quality, value added assurance and audit reports which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates and of Citi's respective regulators, globally.
The main purpose of this role is to provide independent assurance regarding the effectiveness of the Citi-wide governance across the following areas:
- People, Talent & Culture: A work environment that embodies Citi's values and ethical standards.
- Committee Effectiveness: Committees are operating as expected and in line with the Committee charter.
- Policy and Regulatory Compliance: Citi's policies and standards, and regulatory requirements are being adhered to.
- Organizational Design: Reporting lines are implemented and adequate to get the job done.
- Strategy and Planning: Citi's goals and objectives are being implemented at each franchise level.
1. The Director of Governance will be responsible for designing and executing a program of assurance and an audit plan to provide assurance on the design and operating effectiveness of Citi-wide Governance. Including:
- Develop an initial list of themes specific to a region or country
- Continuously refresh areas of focus or themes through the:
- Identification of internal and external emerging risks that may impact governance
- Review audit and regulatory issues for potential governance-related trends
- Analysis of customer and employee complaints that may be an indication of potential governance issues
3. The Director of Governance will be responsible for managing a team of Governance auditors supplemented by other Internal Audit personnel from the broader Finance and Functions team.
- BA/BS or equivalent. Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) are a plus.
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding control disciplines and a strong business understanding of Governance is required - exposure to institutional and investment banking products and functions is desirable as is experience and knowledge of technology risks and controls.
- Advanced level experience in a related role with extensive experience in business, functional and people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing concurrently on a portfolio of high quality deliverables according to strict timetables.
- Demonstrated experience in managing teams and managing integrated internal audit and assurance delivery within a matrix reporting environment and meeting deadlines.
- A self-aware, self-confident individual who has well developed listening skills, and a strong ability to engage a group of accomplished business unit heads by providing proactive advice on a variety of audit matters while carefully balancing the independent requirements of the IA function.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and senior management.
- Strong leadership skills with a proven track record in managing teams and making a positive impact on the organization.