- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Audit Director - Compliance
Audit Director - Compliance
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Audit
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18063971
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Internal Audit is a global organization of over 1000 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi's numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
This role provides the Internal Audit organization with strategic direction in the establishment of risk-based auditing and reporting methodologies, organization design, and effective positioning of the function to ensure provision of independent assurance which is consistent and aligned with Citigroup and Citibank business objectives, and for a sub set of a product line/function entity ensures the timely delivery of high quality, value added assurance and audit reports which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates and of Citi's respective regulators, globally.
This role will support the Chief Auditor, Global Compliance in overseeing the process of optimized risk assessment, planning and resource allocation across the global IA Global Compliance team; as well as undertaking specific projects across coverage topics and infrastructure support to enhance and optimize the quality, consistency and cost effectiveness of assurance work and reporting.
- Contributes to strategic direction of Citi's Internal Audit (IA) function in the establishment of risk based auditing and branch examinations, which include reporting methodologies, organizational design and effective positioning of the function to ensure provision of independent assurance. This is to be consistent and aligned with Citigroup and Citibank business objectives.
- Uses excellent communication, leadership and strong management skills to influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product, function, or regional executive management partners and external audiences including regulators and external auditors. Frequently engages in both internal and external negotiations which will have a major impact on the function, and possibly on the organization as a whole.
- Directs audit activities supporting a sub set of a product line, function, or legal entity at the global or regional level, in accordance with IA standards, Citi policies, and local regulations. Responsible for providing valued and timely independent assurance on the design and operating effectiveness of a sub set of a product, function, or legal entity at a global or regional level.
- Responsible for the co-ordination of entity structure development, risk assessment and planning across the GLOBAL COMPLIANCE audit team.
- Oversees the stat reporting of plan status across GLOBAL COMPLIANCE and works with Regional Directors and GLOBAL COMPLIANCE Chief Auditors to identify and resolve barriers to execution.
- As agreed and on a targeted basis own and deliver specific targeted assurance projects including leadership of thematic work and specific investigations.
- Track and co-ordinate the timely delivery of high-quality comprehensive regulatory and internal audit issue validation, and where determined appropriate issue validation on other remediation actions, including issues arising from the external auditors, consultants and other parties.
- Oversee the fulfilment of the GLOBAL COMPLIANCE OD and facilitates the recruit of staff and development of talent across teams and geographies within the GLOBAL COMPLIANCE IA team.
- Oversees management of the GLOBAL COMPLIANCE IA budget, working with Chief Auditors and Regional Directors to manage cost management and allocation and providing regional and global leads with analysis of expenses.
- Possesses a broad and comprehensive understanding of multiple disciplines (Audit, AML, Risk, Compliance, and Training) and of different Audit standards, policies and local regulations; applies a broad and comprehensive understanding of high risk areas including AML, Consumer or Investment Banking, corporate functions, technology management; project/program management; or supplier management.
- Delivers learning and development programs and is a recognized leader in training and developing others.
- Develops approaches to promote knowledge sharing and promulgate management best practices across Internal Audit and both Citibank and Citigroup.
- Ensures IA meets/exceeds the requirements and expectations of Citibank's and Citigroup's regulators.
- Works closely and collegially with GLOBAL COMPLIANCE Chief Auditors, other IA colleagues and with line management and control functions to ensure efficient and effective provision of independent audit assurance.
- Collaborates across businesses and functions to improve the identification, quantification, measurement, management, reporting and controls in governance, risk management and internal control environments.
- Actively supports and drives the Internal Audit Transformation Program and IA's and management's efforts for Citi to have a "Strong" internal audit function and for Citi to have "Strong" control functions.
- Fully supports and endorses the Quality Assurance function of Internal Audit and promptly accepts and remediates deficiencies found by QA.
- Ensures the adoption of the appropriate portions of the Citigroup and Citibank Audit Committee Charters and the Internal Audit Charter for applicable legal entities.
- Proactively advances integrated auditing concepts. Leverages Internal Audit's Centres of Excellence to improve audit processes and coverage.
- BA/BS or equivalent. Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) are a plus.
- Greater than 10 years of experience in a related role with extensive experience in business, functional and people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing concurrently on a portfolio of high quality deliverables according to strict timetables.
- A self-aware, self-confident individual who has well developed listening skills, and a strong ability to engage a group of accomplished business unit heads by providing proactive advice on a variety of audit matters while carefully balancing the independent requirements of the IA function.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and senior management.
- Strong leadership skills with a proven track record in managing teams and making a positive impact on the organization.