Working at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York positions you at the center of the financial world with a unique perspective on national and international markets and economies. You will work in an environment with a diverse group of experienced professionals to foster and support the safety, soundness, and vitality of our economic and financial systems. It is a challenge that demands the skills of a financial service professional and the intelligence of an academic—all combined with a passion for public service. What we do:
The Internal Audit Function assists the Federal Reserve Bank of New York’s Board of Directors and senior management in the effective discharge of their fiduciary responsibilities by independently assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of the controls within Bank business areas over (1) financial reporting, (2) effectiveness and efficiency of operations, and (3) compliance with laws and regulations, as well as the adequacy of the Bank's risk management and governance processes. Audit also reviews significant Bank projects and initiatives and performs consulting services within the guidance of the Internal Audit profession. It adds value by providing objective, timely and relevant analyses, comments and recommendations through an integrated and risk-based auditing approach.
The Audit Team has an opening for an auditor. You will have an understanding of financial and operational auditing concepts and working knowledge of technology concepts. Your role as an Auditor:
Qualifications: What we are looking for:
- Participate in financial/operational audits and project/program reviews to evaluate key operational risks and related controls.
- Assist with technology audit work in audits of business processes (integrated audits).
- Engage with the Bank’s stakeholders to stay informed of changes and new initiatives within the business and technology areas and sharing audit perspectives relating to risk identification and mitigation.
- Develop new audit techniques, revise existing procedures and perform risk analyses of areas to determine the frequency of audits.
- Identify and analyze complex issues, problems and improvement opportunities and develop conclusions and recommendations.
- Verify or review audit evidence, prepare audit plans, workpapers, findings, status reports and audit report.
- Perform follow-up reviews to ensure that appropriate corrective actions have been implemented by client management.
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in Finance, Accounting, or related degree, Master's degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of risk-focused internal audit experience.
- Professional designation in, or ability to begin or complete a program to achieve, one or more of the following certifications within 180 days:
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Knowledge of risk management principles and an understanding of relevant standards like COSO and COBIT.
- Ability to analyze business and financial activities, understand and describe process flows, strengths and weaknesses, and increase efficiency.
- Proficiency in PC applications, with demonstrated ability to develop spreadsheets, database and research tools and graphic presentations.
- Knowledge of IT concepts, business applications and related controls is desirable.
- Experience executing audit plans, procedures and testing for control compliance and core operational/ financial audits.
- Experience assessing the adequacy of the internal control environments through the identification of inherent risks in the business and key controls designed to avoid those risks.
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Please note that the position requires access to confidential supervisory information and/or FOMC information, which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and U.S. permanent residents who either are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization or who have applied for naturalization within the requisite timeframe. Candidates who are permanent residents may be eligible for the information access required for this position if they sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and pursue a path to citizenship and meet other eligibility requirements. In addition, all candidates must undergo an enhanced background check and comply with all applicable information handling rules. The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
- Fully paid Pension plan and 401k with Generous Match
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans (Medical, Dental and Vision including Flexible Spending Accounts and HSA)
- Subsidized Public Transportation Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Onsite Fitness & Wellness Center
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- And more which you can find here