Asst Dir - Business Development
Job Description Moody's Analytics Accelerator (MAA) is looking for an entrepreneurial team player to help develop a machine learning focused line of products. MAA is an innovation focused team at Moody's Analytics working on fostering an entrepreneurial culture at Moody's, adoption of new technologies and tools and working with the Fintech community to bring new products and concepts to the Moody's Analytics product portfolio. The QUIQ initiative is organized as a multifunctional team working together to test machine learning concepts and develop new products working with several Moody's Analytics business lines and Fintech partners. Our team is looking for a business development expert that will take our ideas and early stage products to new and existing Moody's Analytics customers. We are looking to collect market feedback on concepts, test products and sell into early adopters. The team will work closely with Sales, Sales Operations and Customer Success to establish our products in Moody's Analytics. Working with our customers we seek to learn, iterate rapidly and successfully deliver new products and solutions to make Moody's Analytics a name in financial technology.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited, to:
- Drive business development initiatives for new products.
- Identify key opportunities for institutions that have automation needs, and drive engagement with those institutions.
- Execute the strategic business development plans while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, partners, marketing, support, etc.).
- Prepare and give business reviews to the product management and engineering team regarding progress and roadblocks to establishing new client engagements.
- Serve as the primary eyes and ears to the commercial banking community on behalf of the Moody's Analytics Accelerator.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of customer demand.
- Conduct client facing workshops globally both in person and virtually as needed.
- Speak and represent the Moody's Analytics Accelerator Products at industry events and conferences.
- 25%-50% Travel
- 3+ years of experience in the financial technology industry
- Relevant business level technical knowledge is required, such as: Cloud/AWS, API, and micro service based products, commercial lending and loan origination familiarity.
- Business acumen, with a demonstrated track record of driving emerging/disruptive technologies
- Presentation and writing skills with the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional audiences.
- Must be results-oriented and have a proven ability to get things done through people, including those not under direct management.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Demonstrated ability to track multiple programs concurrently and to report progress in an executive level dashboard to senior management
- Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business
- Minimum Bachelor's degree. MBA, nice to have.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.