Associate, Technology Product Management - Aladdin Product Group
- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 13 Feb 19
About BlackRock BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.44 trillion in assets on
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.44 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
What is the Aladdin Product Group?
At the heart of BlackRock, is the Aladdin Product Group (APG), the team responsible for designing, building and operating Aladdin. Being a member of the Aladdin Product Group means working with the industry’s thought leaders to build innovative and next generation products that shape the financial markets. We are 1,400 strong and we eat, live and breathe tech.
Job Purpose/ Background
As a Product Manager on the Aladdin Risk team you will be focused on product strategy for interactive portfolio risk capabilities for users at BlackRock and across the Aladdin community. You will be responsible for leading, managing, and executing on our product vision in close partnership with the engineering, modelers and client business teams to create best-in-class portfolio risk capabilities.
You’re accountable for defining Aladdin product strategy, being highly commercial, guiding products and being engrained in the entire product lifecycle.
As a Product Manager, you’ll be closely connected with the marketplace, our client community, and BlackRock business strategy to drive product direction. Sitting at the intersection of business and technology, Product Managers work closely with Aladdin developers and other stakeholders to innovate, conceptualize, design and pilot new capabilities to simplify our clients’ business problems
- Define and own the product story and roadmap for interactive portfolio risk capabilities
- Champion product initiatives throughout the firm by identifying product gaps and / or commercial opportunities
- Create alignment amongst internal and external stakeholders
- Lead virtual product team to create tangible prototypes that show business benefits
- Define and own the product story – both short and long-term approaches
- Partner with developers through the development process; incorporate user feedback
- Partner with the Aladdin Business to help define and lead opportunities related to interactive portfolio risk opportunities in the market place
- Work with Relationship Management and Product Marketing to define deployment strategy
- Serve as a resource to internal and external clients with regard to our capabilities in the context of their business
- Track and measure usage and feedback to inform product strategy
- Stay attuned to industry and technology trends, markets and alternative product offerings and conceptualize impacts to the Aladdin offering
- 3-5 years of Product Management / Product ownership or relevant experience
- Proven experience in delivering or working with risk models, optimization, stress testing and liquidity capabilities
- Proven experience leading a product team and facing off both an internal and external client base
- Demonstrated capacity for developing and understanding strategy.
- Insatiable interest in creating and analyzing products.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and planning skills, including the ability to multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to deliver presentations and communicate up and down the organization
- Superior influencing skills
- Ability to work and deliver results independently, self-starter
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science/Economics or equivalent practical experience.
Strong technical abilities
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.