- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Mar 18
Associate Software Engineer
Location: New York, NY, USAAn Associate Software Engineer fulfils the following responsibilities with moderate to significant guidance of more senior team members.
• Interpret business requirements with the assistance of Business Analysts and more senior engineers.
• Implement and test features based on the requirements and the technical designs written by more senior team members.
• Comply with coding standards.
• Collaborate with quality assurance engineers to fix defects.
• Collaborate with build and release engineers to prepare packages.
• Help investigate problems reported by clients.
Platform Technology Solutions
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related major from top institutions, Masters degree is a plus.
- Understands object-oriented design and development.
- Familiar with relational and NoSQL databases.
- Able to work well within the constructs of an agile development process, including SCRUM, Unit Testing, Continuous Build and Integration, etc.
- Willing to learn new technologies; capable of self-directed learning.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Works well in a fast-paced team environment; able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Has strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experienced in Development tools: Visual Studio, Eclipse (CDT), IntelliJ IDEA, WebStorm, etc.
- Experienced in Development Platforms: Microsoft Windows, Linux.
- Experienced in Application Servers: IIS, Tomcat, WebSphere, Resin, Jetty, Apache, ExpressJS, etc.
- Familiar with Application Frameworks & Engines: ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET WEB API, Microsoft WPF/WCF/WWF, Linq, Unity, Entity Framework, SharePoint, Microsoft Enterprise Library, etc. J2SE, J2EE, JDBC, RMI/IIOP, Spring framework, JPA(Java Persistence API) or other ORM framework such as Hibernate or iBatics, JTA(Java Transaction API), Java WebService, JavaMail and JMS, etc. STL, Boost, GTest, etc. JQuery, Node.js, Angular.js, Bootstrap, etc.
- Familiar with Databases: SQL, Oracle, Sybase, MySql, MongoDB, etc.
- Knowledge of Others: Jira, Rally, CVS, SVN, Perforce, Git, Jenkins, etc.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.