Associate Product Owner - Digital Service
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 25 May 18 2018-05-25
Associate Product Owner - Digital Service
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life's surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
A core element of the transformation for New York Life's business will be the design and development of end-to-end digital solutions to drive revenue growth, achieve efficiencies, increase client satisfaction, and maintain relevancy as the pace of digitization accelerates. The Digital Service team sits at the heart of that endeavor and will work across the business and with key functional partners including Service, Technology and Agency to create and deliver smart, client-centric, and best-in-class digital solutions to market.
We are seeking to add a Product Owner to the Digital Services team at New York Life. The Product Owner is responsible for supporting the Service Organization by identifying and delivering new capabilities on the digital roadmap, developing KPI's to measure success and forming a strong understanding of current business processes to deliver future capabilities. The Product Owner will play a critical role in digitizing both client and customer service representatives experiences on modern platforms.
The Product Owner role provides exposure to all business units within Service Org and demands flexible and creative thinking as tasks are highly variable, changing often based on emerging business needs and industry trends.
We are looking for outstanding individuals with excellent analytical and communication capabilities, creative problem-solving skills, project management discipline, and a passion for process improvement. A strong understanding of technology and distribution needs/practices is a plus.
- Drive forward our digital roadmap through the identification, analysis, and implementation of new and enhanced digital servicing functionality.
- Ability to independently lead and influence large scale, high profile digital initiatives
- Ability to make timely, critical decisions and judgement calls that will impact the overall success of an initiative and overall Digital Program
- Understand competitive and industry positions and develop business cases for prioritization of new/enhanced capabilities
- Creating comprehensive and concise user stories supporting the future digital capabilities.
- Assist with the iterative development of business requirements by collaborating with business analysts throughout a project's lifecycle
- Lead and perform user acceptance testing, as well as develop test plans to ensure deliverables meet business customer's expectation
- Develop metrics to assist management with assessment of performance for individuals, systems. processes, and other initiatives that support the business' strategic initiatives
- Define and gather KPIs to measure and monitor progress of digital capabilities and effectiveness on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to inform real-time course corrections and longer-term enhancements
- Develop and maintain accurate and auditable product documentation
- Support day-to-day Digital needs and lead issue investigation and resolution
- Bachelors degree is required
- 3 - 5 years of relevant work experience required
- Preferred experience with Agile practices and methodologies
- Experience working with CRM platforms (specfically, Salesforce.com), mainframe and web based applications
- An innovative thinker with a true passion for and knowledge of disruptive technology
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience interfacing with vendors and cross functional teams
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
** Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.