Associate Product Owner
At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity encouraging an environment where employees can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective. Fitch is also committed to supporting its employees by advancing conversations around diversity, equity and inclusion. Fitch's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) have been established by employees who have joined together as a workplace community based on similar backgrounds or life experiences. Fitch's ERGs are available to connect employees with others within the organization to offer professional and personal support.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey.
Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide have helped fund a century of growth and enables you to make important credit judgments with confidence. Department Overview:
The Fitch Ratings Workflow Tribe is a cross functional team responsible for maintaining, enhancing, and building the ratings applications and processes that our credit analysts use to do their jobs. The goal of the Fitch Ratings Workflow Tribe is to deliver continuous improvement, mitigate risks, and identify ways to introduce standardization and automation within Fitch's ratings applications and workflows. Candidate Profile:
Associate Product Owners assist one or more Product Owners with defining their product roadmaps and engaging with stakeholders. We are looking for someone who will work collaboratively with product owners, stakeholders and the development team to research, elicit, analyze, validate and document requirements, and to ensure that those requirements clearly reflect the true business needs of the stakeholders and end users. This position requires an individual who is business process oriented, can understand and decompose complex processes and is able to effectively communicate when issues and challenges arise. The candidate will be enthusiastic about engaging with stakeholders and cross-functional squads to understand business challenges, develop creative and innovative solutions, and deliver them to users.
The ideal candidate will be will have a collaborative and customer first mindset and will be comfortable working in an Agile environment with colleagues at varying levels of Agile experience. Key responsibilities:
• Participates in Agile ceremonies including backlog refinement, sprint planning, sprint retrospectives and daily scrum meetings.
• Works closely with the Agile squad members to provide timely feedback and answers to their questions to ensure that sprint goals are met.
• Responsible for various deliverables such as use-cases, data flows, process flows, impact analyses, and other project artifacts and process work.
• Analyze and document complex workflow and system processes for both the current state (As-Is) and future state (To-Be).
• Partners with technical teams on story creation, backlog grooming, and other Scrum processes.
• Thrives in an Agile environment working closely with squads to define and align sprint goals.
• Assists in the development and maintenance of the application backlog, feature prioritization, application roadmap and the MVP.
• Helps lead user training, rollout and change management processes. Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree and at least 3 years of experience in business analysis and requirements management.
• Agile practitioner capabilities & experience working with or in Agile teams.
• Experience with Jira as well as proficiency in MS Visio, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
• Prior involvement in projects involving Appian beneficial.
• Relevant industry or functional experience.
• Superb follow-through; propensity to approach tasks and goals with an ownership mentality.
• Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrating an ability to work well with teams & stakeholders.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to adapt communication to audience.
• Ability to work to get things done in a high-demand, matrixed organization.
• A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in documentation.
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: www.fitchratings.com | www.fitchsolutions.com | www.fitchlearning.com
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
UNITED STATES ONLY :
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Fitch requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment on or after October 4, 2021 be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Fitch will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.