Associate Product Manager - Panorama
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We are looking for talented and passionate engineering associate product manager for PANORAMA, who thrives in an extremely entrepreneurial, fast paced environment. This is a high visibility role and will require creativity and drive to deliver on an ambitious roadmap. The PANORAMA associate product manager will be focused on working with users and the Engineering team in a dynamic environment to deliver products and features iteratively through sprints to achieve a flagship self-service data discovery platform for the firm.
Accelerate is a Firmwide initiative to foster innovation and collaboration across divisions, with a focus on the firm's future growth, offering employees the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. PANORAMA is an Accelerate business that is building a state of the art self-service data analytics solution discovery platform to increase the efficiency and engagement of GS data consumers across all our businesses. The platform will feature best in class search ranking technologies including machine learning capabilities coupled with an intelligently designed meta data overlay to enrich data assets, delivering increased data asset discovery, reuse and promotion of the most valuable data assets developed by GS employees.
We expect the successful candidate to be intimately familiar with product management and to have a proven track record in execution throughout the Product Lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and user requirements, and working closely with engineering, to ensure user satisfaction.
The ideal candidate will also have a strong understanding of the low-code environment at the firm across a range of applications including but not limited to Data Browser, Ignite Pad, Tableau and Alteryx and will be enthusiastic about working with end users to specify requirements and elicit feedback in addition to training users and setting up a support system. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Incorporate data, user research and market analysis to inform product strategy and roadmaps
• Working to demanding timescales in a fast paced, dynamic team working environment
• Work closely with teams across the organization to define a go-forward vision for PANORAMA product deployment
• Partner with engineers and users to track and deliver on key OKRs
• Proactively identify ideas to improve processes and product features based on user feedback
• Manage product backlog, prioritize tasks, and ensure deadlines are met
• Help define and drive user adoption strategy
• Lead the delivery of PANORAMA user testing and rollout across divisions
• Proactively identify ideas to improve products and increase engagement SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
• 2 years of previous work experience as an Associate Product Manager, or similar role
• Demonstrated ability to communicate complex problems and roadmaps to stakeholders
• Demonstrated success collaborating with design and engineering peers to lead a product development team
• Experience in performing product demos to user and eliciting feedback
• Comfortable with Agile processes, with an emphasis on writing high-quality acceptance criteria and eliciting requirements
• Ability to engage with and influence stakeholders outside their direct control
• Self-directed team player, ability to drive high performance and work independently or in a team-oriented and fast paced environment
• Proven ability to lead by example, with a positive attitude
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to set, meet and exceed targets Preferred Qualifications
• Deep understanding of low code technologies and experience with them in a large enterprise environment
• Experience managing an entire product's lifecycle, from conception to launch
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross functional teams
• Technical background
• Familiarity with JIRA and GitLab ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.