Associate, Multicultural Client Strategy
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 22 Apr 19
Associate, Multicultural Client Strategy
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Multicultural Client Strategy Team at Morgan Stanley seeks to position the Firm as a corporate leader in engaging productively and commercially with multicultural constituents. The team achieves this objective by initiating, leveraging and engaging key relationships in multicultural markets, by delivering the Firm's resources to these clients and by building our external credibility as a financial services firm that is invested in driving positive commercial outcomes in the multicultural business segment.
Over the next 2 - 3 years the group is focused on developing innovative programs that will advance the aforementioned objective and create the building blocks for future revenue generation from multicultural clients. The group also seeks to initiate and develop coverage relationships with multicultural decision makers, plan large marquee client events, create and execute an entrepreneurial innovation lab and expand the Capital Access Fund across the country, among other initiatives.
The associate role on the Multicultural Client Strategy Team is multifaceted, due to the dynamic nature of the group's initiatives. In general, the associate will:
- Take the lead on the evaluation, analysis and support of strategic multicultural growth initiatives
- Manage day - to - day interaction with the entrepreneurs that are portfolio companies of the MS Multicultural Innovation Lab
- Provide support to the overall management and execution of the Capital Access Fund platform
- Including managing the content - related portion of launch day convenings
- Identify, select and perform detailed market research and assessment
- Provide support with respect to client acquisition and relationship management
- Perform quantitative analysis of client, divisional and sales data in conjunction and partnership with multiple internal colleagues and external data sources
- Synthesize analyses into meaningful deliverables/presentations for senior management and external stakeholders
- Create standard and custom executive reporting packages/presentations on a monthly, quarterly and ad - hoc basis
- Support preparation of strategic business and operational plans
- Collaborate and work on special projects with other departments within the firm
The ideal candidate has a fundamental knowledge of both financial products and financial analysis including company valuation and credit analysis and is capable of managing large, multidimensional projects.
- Exceptional analytical skills with a fundamental understanding of corporate finance principals and financial products/securities. Strong financial modeling skills a plus
- Exceptional execution skills with the ability to manage projects with minimal supervision. Very high attention to detail is critical in addition to sound judgment and the ability to fully operate on occasion with general to limited context
- Exceptional writing, communication (both internal and external) and presentation delivery skills are critical
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills, with the ability to manage a significant workload and work well under pressure, in addition to a demonstrated ability to deliver to a range of audiences (both internal and external) with a range of differing priorities
- Mastery of the Microsoft Office Suite, with proficiency in Excel required and very helpful in PowerPoint
- Proactive self - starter and creative problem solver with a keen interest in the multicultural business sector community/economic development and impact sectors
- Knowledge of impact investing/sustainable sector helpful but not required