Associate, Model Subject Matter Expert - Corporates and Infrastructure
Associate, Model Subject Matter Expert - Corporates and Infrastructure Grade 11 (for internal purposes) Location: London or New York The Team:
The Methodologies team in S&P Global Ratings synthesizes complex credit markets to inform investment decisions. We apply analytical experience and advanced quantitative capabilities to develop analytical frameworks that identify and benchmark key drivers of credit risk. As a Methodologies Model SME for Corporates and Infrastructure, you will work hand in hand with both Model and Criteria SMEs and Ratings Analysts to develop and maintain a portfolio of cutting-edge quantitative tools to enable the production of high quality and transparent credit analysis. The Impact:
The Associate will enhance our ability to produce high-impact, insightful research and models and grow our relevance in an evolving market by synthesizing, analyzing, and deriving value from datasets, developing innovative analytic solutions and tools, and helping to build data analytics capabilities across the Corporates and Infrastructure team. What's in it for you?
- Leverage your quantitative abilities to develop analytic solutions and tools that enable our credit analysts to perform high quality analysis and research;
- Challenging, steep learning curve and the position could lead to continued growth within the organization by demonstrating strong analysis, teamwork, and presentation skills;
- Gain analytic knowledge of a wide range of global sectors and market topics;
- Gain exposure to stakeholders across S&P Ratings; and
- Enjoy a strong collegial, collaborative environment.
What We're Looking For:
- Develop and maintain robust, flexible, user-friendly quantitative solutions to be used by credit analysts for rating analyses and research;
- Synthesize and analyze large datasets to derive insights for credit rating analyses and research publications;
- Maintain close interaction with analysts, model developers, and subject matter experts to ensure that data analyses and tools effectively inform analytical decisions;
- Work closely with the Model and Criteria Validation groups to ensure a high quality product;
- Write clear, concise documentation, consistent with both internal and external expectations, to support independent review and ongoing development; and
- Actively support the development of new rating methodologies by gathering data, testing of new concepts, prototyping tools, and preparing materials.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree, preferably in Finance, Financial Engineering, Statistics, Quantitative Finance, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics or a related field;
- Masters or advanced degree preferred.
- 3-5 years work experience in relevant field;
- Knowledge of capital markets, financial instruments with an emphasis on credit risk modeling are preferred;
- Basic understanding of database modeling/design and applications. Knowledge of SQL and experience in databases such as Oracle, Sybase, or Access would be beneficial;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel/VBA and programming languages, namely R, Python, C++, Matlab.
- Persistent with a natural curiosity about credit markets and technical details.
- Displays well-rounded communication skills that implement good listening techniques, clear and good verbal skills. The ability to communicate across a wide range of groups and personalities internally and externally.
- Works well in a team environment, focusing on collaboration and adapting to the needs of a diverse team.
- A self-starter that can work independently, but also able to collaborate with large groups that come from diverse backgrounds;
- The ability to quickly and concisely summarize quantitative concepts to the analytical community, who have a wide range of technical skillsets;
- Experience with multi-stage projects;
- Excellent time management with the ability to plan, prioritize and meet deadlines;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to facilitate and multi-task;
- Strong customer service skills; and
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to think creatively to solve problems.
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy. US Candidates Only
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $91,500 to $190,100. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires .
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), ANLYTC202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
267152 Posted On:
London, United Kingdom