Associate, Marketing & Communications Business Management
Description About this role Your team:
The BlackRock Marketing and Communications (M&C) teams are often the tip of the spear in how we communicate our narrative and articulate our social contribution to the firm's various stakeholders in communities across the globe. The M&C COO team is responsible for driving the strategic, operational, and cultural processes and investments underpinning the transformation around how we communicate to those stakeholders, from clients, to the press, to employees and beyond. Your role and impact:
We are seeking a Business Management (BM) Associate, based in New York. This position will provide an opportunity to learn about the asset management industry and specifically BlackRock's Marketing & Communications priorities from a global perspective and through partnering with many areas of the firm to engage stakeholders, navigate global and local market dynamics and grow the franchise.
The BM Associate will translate data into impactful business insights, enabling more effective decision making and helping to drive progress against our priorities; seek out efficiencies within our business processes; and partner across the business to deliver on the firm's growth plans and broad communication strategy. The associate will report to the business manager on the M&C COO team. Key Responsibilities:
- Partner closely with marketers and communications professionals across the firm (regions, commercial functions, and global functions) and other internal business partners to develop and drive progress against the department roadmap and operating plans
- Inform strategy across regions, client segments and product areas in partnership with marketing and comms staff
- Support the budgeting and forecasting processes and drive communications and collaboration with stakeholders
- Support strategic meeting series and presentations, including curating content and communicating with participants about meeting goals and takeaways (i.e., Board, GEC, ExCos, offsites, etc.)
- Contribute to specific strategic projects in support of M&C strategy and talent initiatives
- Project manage and train department staff on key compliance and regulatory policy and processes in partnership with L&C, Data Privacy, etc.; proactively identify emerging risks and partner with management to ensure timely and effective remediation
- Ensure proper connectivity across corporate executive offices and business functions by representing M&C business' strategic priorities and action plans
3+ years of relevant experience (i.e., operations, data analytics, strategy)
- Hands-on approach and a passion for digging into business management issues with the curiosity of a journalist, the diligence of an auditor, and the doggedness of an investigator
- A strong ability to translate data into narratives tailored for different audiences
- A background in basic data analysis and statistical principals, with a mentality of continuous learning and improvement
- Some experience automating data collection, cleansing, and dashboarding
- Experience building compelling data visualizations using whatever tool gets the job done! (e.g., R, Python, PowerBI, PowerPoint, Excel...)
- Strong project management skills
- A desire to build deep knowledge of BlackRock's lines of business and provide recommendations that will help the M&C department deliver on firmwide priorities
- Flexibility to adapt to changing environments, priorities, and situations
- A team-player mentality, positive attitude, and willingness to lend a hand wherever help is needed, big or small, to advance the team's ability to drive growth and operate effectively
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.