- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Associate Lead Analyst 1
Location: New York, NY, USARole:
Individual will be a lead analyst in the Consumer Asset Backed Securities (COS ABS) Surveillance Team, charged with monitoring and rating existing securitization transactions backed by all COS ABS types including Student Loans (FFELP and Private), Auto Loans, Auto Leases, Consumer Loans, among others.
The lead analyst is responsible for developing in-depth knowledge of performance and credit data, deal structures, legal documents and cash flows in connection with the surveillance and rating of all COS ABS types. Responsibilities include: quantitative and qualitative analysis of credit quality of COS ABS, including an assessment of collateral, transaction structure, legal, operating, and regulatory risks.
Key responsibilities include:
- Monitoring deal performance, conducting credit analysis, cash flow modeling, reviewing transaction documents, compiling committee packages, presenting rating recommendations, and communicating rating actions and performance review summaries to market participants in press releases and other publications
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work closely with support staff a necessity
- Research and publication of credit-related articles for the benefit of investors and other capital market constituents is a key aspect of the position
- Involvement and contribution to group automation and process enhancement projects and regulatory matters are also a responsibility
- MBA or Master's degree in economics, Finance, Financial Engineering, Statistics, Math or related quantitative field and 2 to 3 years of experience in Structured Finance, preferably ABS
- Will consider bachelor's degree in similar fields with appropriate experience
- Strong academic record (both graduate and undergraduate)
- Extensive experience with Excel is a must while programming skills (VBA/SQL) will be an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Sound judgment and highest ethical standards
- Capable of developing independent opinions and defending own views
- Ability and willingness to learn, and an ability to manage multiple projects, work closely with others as well as independently to produce accurate, detailed work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment is a must
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.