- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Associate Lead Analyst 1
Location: New York, NY, USARole
This will involve reviewing legal documents, analyzing collateral pools, historical collateral performance, deal structures, and modeling transaction waterfall based on deal documents using Moody's in-house models to formulate independent credit opinion and presenting to rating committees. Responsibilities will also include communicating with clients, including arrangers, issuers and investors and publishing timely, insightful and in-depth research and transaction reports
- Perform credit analysis for a variety of commercial and esoteric asset-backed securities (ABS)
- Perform credit risk modeling, including applying cash flow and simulation models to assess and understand risk exposure, and participating in development of analytical models
- Analyze transactions' legal documents
- Monitor industry conditions and trends
- Conduct research on industry dynamics and assets backing ABS deals, including consolidating and evaluating financial information from large data sets
- Make rating recommendations based on historical asset performance data, financial modeling, analysis of legal documentation, and industry research, and present recommendations at rating committee discussions
- Contribute to the development of research topics and publish credit research
- MBA or Master's degree in Finance, Economics, Financial Engineering or related quantitative field and experience in a position involving structured finance credit analysis
- Will also accept a Bachelor's degree in listed or related fields with at least 3 years of commensurate relevant job experience
- Experience must include conducting structured finance transaction analysis and risk analysis
- Experience with cash flow and simulation models using Excel and VBA preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Sound judgment and highest ethical standards
- Capable of developing independent opinions and defending own views
- Professional, proactive, flexible, diligent and dependable
- Highly organized and efficient, with ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.