The United Nations Secretary-General is responsible for the investment of the assets of the United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund (UNJSPF). The Secretary-General has delegated this responsibility to the Representative of the Secretary-General for the investment of the assets of the UNJSPF (RSG). The RSG is, in turn, assisted in this function by the Office of Investment Management (OIM). OIM manages a $86+ billion multi-asset class, global investment portfolio, about 85% of which is actively managed in-house. Asset classes under management comprise global equities, fixed income, foreign exchange, private equity, real estate, infrastructure, timber and commodities. OIM’s staff are all based in New York but come from over 30 countries. For more information please visit OIM's website at https://oim.unjspf.org/.
This position is located in the Information System Section of OIM. The incumbent reports to the Information Systems Officer.
Within delegated authority, the Associate Information Systems Officer may be responsible for the following duties:
- Participates in preparing user requirements and other technical specifications.
- Assists in the design, development and installation of information systems.
- Undertakes analysis of well-defined modules within the system, develop enhancements and new features to existing systems; may design and implement small, stand-alone systems as needed (e.g. to meet individual user requirements).
- Undertakes rigorous testing and proving of applications software.
- Maintains assigned portions of systems, providing operational support for system’s applications, analyzing and implementing system changes/upgrades, etc.
- Participates in developing and maintaining Information Systems project plans, schedules, and budgets. Assists in identifying appropriate human and technical resources to complete the project, assists in assuring that deviations from project schedule are addressed and communicated, assists in developing timely project status reports, monitoring project risk factors, escalating project issues, and providing Quality Assurance for all project deliverables.
- Writes and develops programs to interface with existing systems.
- Ensures data security and integrity.
- Participates in developing disaster recovery plans.
- Prepares, updates and maintains system’s documentation and related technical/procedural manuals.
- Assists in procurements, including conducting needs assessments and benchmarks, preparing technical specifications and evaluation criteria.
- Assists in the set-up and monitoring of software performance measures.
- Participates in Helpdesk support services.
- Participates in facilitating communications between ITSD and its clients for good client relations and be responsible for small to medium client accounts.
- Assists in the development of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) between the client and IT, for either specific IT services or general technology support, including any charge back mechanisms.
- Advises users on the most suitable hardware and software for different tasks; maintains and enhances software.
- Drafts training materials and conducts training sessions and demonstrations of systems for users.
- Participates with senior staff in assessing and testing new technology.
- Performs ad hoc duties as required.
- May provide guidance to new/junior staff.
A first-level university degree in computer science, information systems, mathematics, statistics or related field. Certifications such as Cisco, CheckPoint are desirable.
A minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience in the planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of computer information systems or related area is required.
At least two years of experience in ICT Network administration including configuring Cisco switches and routers, LANs, WANs, WIFI, Firewalls is required.
Experience using at least two years of Azure IaaS and PaaS networking and security concepts is desirable.
Applicants are urged to carefully follow all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, Inspira. Please go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=166414&Lang=en-US%20 to apply.