- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Associate, Fintech, Investment Banking
Associate, Fintech, Investment Banking
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Institutional Banking
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19011364
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
The Associate will be a key player in the execution of the Citi's Fintech Investment Banking business within Banking, Capital Markets & Advisory (BCMA). The individual will leverage past investment banking or related experience to enhance M&A execution and capital raising capabilities and contribute to building Citi's franchise. The individual will have strong functional skills in major areas of investment banking and will demonstrate the ability to become a seasoned Banker capable of generating and executing his/her own transactions.
• Creating financial analyses (build financial models, valuation analyses, merger modeling, corporate finance solutions, etc.)
• Assisting with client development (coordinate data with clients, assist in presentation of new ideas to clients)
• Working on teams (coordinate with team members, deliver projects on a deadline)
• Tracking business development (collect research, analyze industry trends)
• Evaluate corporate transactions and their structures.
We are seeking candidates who:
• Take pride in all aspects of their work, recognizing it is a reflection not just of the firm but of themselves
• Are committed to their own personal success and the success of the institution as a whole
• View our clients as their first priority
• Understand the global nature and demands of business today
• Are analytical and enjoy working with numbers and solving problems
The very best Investment Bankers distinguish themselves by their:
• Ability to win and sustain the loyalty of the most demanding institutional clients
• Confidence and judgment in challenging situations
• Motivation and desire to master relevant industry and product information to differentiate their advice and services from their competitors
• Intellectual curiosity, searching for new and creative ideas, innovative investment banking strategies that transcend product lines and professional levels
• Intelligence and intuition, ability to understand the scope and complexity of our client-driven approach
• Drive and work ethic, which reflects their desire to excel, extend their abilities and realize their full potential.
•Bachelor's degree in Finance or closely related areas of Business Administration
•Master's degree in Business Administration or alternatively 3+ years in Analyst role at prior investment banking institution