- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Associate Financial Engineer
Location: New York, NY, USAAn associate engineer whose primary responsibility is to provide client support and address client needs in the structured finance sector, specifically in RMBS. Responsibilities include:
- Analyze complex structured finance cash flow models.
- Provide client support and resolve client requests.
- Update complex structured finance cash flow models over the performance cycle with accuracy and within the required turnaround time.
- Ensure the accuracy of data feeding the Cash flow models in deal library.
- Coordinate with the product development team to design, build and implement new features.
- Collaborate cross-functionally within the organization.
- Assist with special projects.
Structured Analytics & Valuations
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's) or graduate/second-level degree (e.g. Master's) with an emphasis in financial engineering, computer science, engineering, math, finance, or a related quantitative field preferred.
- Working knowledge of SQL, VBA or other scripting or coding languages required.
- Experience in RMBS modeling strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of financial concepts and securitization.
- Solid quantitative skills and analytical problem solving ability.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated initiative, enthusiasm, and ability to learn quickly and excel as part of a dynamic team.
- Attention to detail and ability to work and learn independently.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.