- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Dec 17
Associate Financial Engineer
Location: New York, NY, USA• Reverse Engineer Structure Finance transactions in our Moody's proprietary cashflow engines
• Update and Validate collateral for Structured Finance transactions
• Assist senior members of the team in supporting and training clients on software applications and the safe delivery/implementation of a suite of fixed income products.
• Help to develop detailed customer installation and/or system integration plans for a wide variety of financial institutions using our analytic software and data solutions.
• Support and train clients on software applications.
• Analyze complex financial fixed-income instruments.
• Aid in the implementation, customization and use of analytic solutions.
• Some travel is required.
Structured Analytics and Valuations
• Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's) or graduate/second-level degree (e.g. MBA, Master's) with an emphasis in financial engineering, computer science, engineering, math, finance, economics, or a related quantitative field preferred.
• Solid quantitative skills and analytical problem solving ability required.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills with the confidence to interact with top financial professionals.
• Demonstrated initiative, enthusiasm and ability to learn quickly and excel as part of a dynamic team.
• Attention to detail and ability to work and learn independently.
• Proficient in writing macros using Microsoft Excel VBA.
• Knowledge of Visual Basic and other scripting or coding languages preferred.
• Working knowledge of financial concepts and exposure to structured finance.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.