Associate, External Relationship Management - Healthcare
Description About this role
BlackRock serves clients in more than 60 countries, including pension funds, foundations, endowments, hospitals, official institutions, insurance companies, sub-advisory relationships, high net worth individuals, family offices, and private banks. Within the Institutional Client Business, we pride ourselves on creating, communicating, and delivering investment solutions for clients worldwide. To that end, we have teams of professionals with expertise in the many functions that combined make this effort successful, including relationship management, marketing, sales, client service, and product development and management.
The Healthcare segment within the Institutional Client Business serves hospital systems across the breadth of their investment needs - operating liquidity, balance sheet investments, retirement, foundation, and commercial and captive insurance - both directly and in partnership with BlackRock experts in these areas. Our service model is based on the philosophy of serving our hospital clients through their lens of a complex healthcare provider, leading with industry expertise, rich content and deep engagement. Key Responsibilities:
- The responsibilities of an Associate in Healthcare in the US and Canada Institutional Client Business include:
- Participate as a key member of dedicated client teams serving primarily Healthcare.
- Support Relationship Managers with all on-going sales, service, and communication with clients and prospects.
- Assist the development of complex solutions for clients, from advisory solutions to comprehensive outsourced mandates.
- Proactively maintain and develop a prospecting effort targeted to Hospitals for solutions-based engagements.
- Manage projects and contribute content in support of the Healthcare franchise, including marketing and prospecting efforts, thought leadership, and events.
- Conduct financial analysis on Healthcare organizations in support of investment related analysis, content and/or recommendations.
- Develop asset class fluency across BlackRock's product range - including fixed income, equity, hedge funds, real assets, private equity, and private credit.
- Cultivate strong relationships with clients, becoming the "go-to" person for account specific information, which can include security level (bonds, stocks, derivatives) information, portfolio investment performance, investment guideline compliance, clarifications and modification, cash inflows and redemptions.
- Interface with BlackRock portfolio managers, investment product specialists, compliance officers, consultant relations staff, operations, and portfolio administration personnel to organize client meetings, coordinate presentation material content and/or resolve issues.
- Use BlackRock's proprietary systems to gather security, capital market, and economic data to create a range of presentation materials including portfolio review books, board presentations, and marketing materials.
- Gather critical data to quickly respond orally and in writing to client information requests.
- Write and publish client meeting summary notes posted to firm wide client relationship management systems.
- Assist with new client on-boarding- supporting clients through the process of opening new accounts with BlackRock.
- Assist with Healthcare business management analytics, including coverage, pipeline and revenue management, market and competitive analysis, strategic planning and budgeting.
- 2-4 years' experience with institutional Hospital, Endowment and/or Foundation investors.
- Foundations of strong industry and economic and investment knowledge; proven ability to learn new concepts quickly.
- Foundations across a wide range of traditional and alternative Investment products.
- BA/BS degree in related field (Economics, Finance, or Accounting).
- Progress towards a CFA designation is strongly desired.
- Has, or is willing to obtain, the series 7, 63, and 3 licenses.
- A commitment to BlackRock's fiduciary culture; able to approach client interactions in a consultative manner.
- Self-managed, highly driven by relationship management and revenue generation.
- Commitment to client service, high responsiveness.
- Analytical interest and acumen - passion for portfolio building and market fluency.
- Proven intellectual ability and interpersonal skills. Able to establish credibility with and influence the institutional investor community.
- Highly effective in forging working relationships with team members and business counterparts.
- Passionate about inclusion and embraces diversity of thought; seeks out diverse viewpoints to solve complex problems.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong time management, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong professional and personal integrity.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.