Associate Director of Account Management
Job Description The goal of the Account Management team is the retention of existing clients and generation of sales leads. The main responsibility of the team is the engagement of our Research and EDF clients through the implementation of a structured account plan. This plan includes pro-active client outreach (e.g., create awareness of research, promote analyst access, promote events) and training. The Account Management team is also involved in the annual contract renewal process.
The team works collaboratively with Sales, Client Service & Support, Events and Product Management. Key Responsibilities :
- Manage the Account Management team, responsible for retention of customers, maintaining satisfaction and loyalty, and providing best in class service. This position drives customer-focused retention efforts to assist the sales and customer service organization in meeting targets related to customer interactions, revenue and sales.
- Responsible for developing staffing strategies, recruiting, hiring and training of teams to optimize department performance.
- Responsible for ensuring the teams meet their activity targets and goals.
- Maintain and track the daily activities, performance and production level of associates through effective reporting and analysis.
- Provide formal and informal feedback and coaching on performance and employee development to achieve departmental goals; ensure the completion of all assigned duties and responsibilities of all subordinates.
- Collaborate with and support Sales and other key functional areas to drive retention efforts and achieve business goals and objectives.
- Coordinate account managers participation in annual renewals, highlighting accounts at risk as well as key upgrades and new sales.
- Partner with Product Managers and Marketing on developing and executing out-bound calling campaigns. Aggregate and communicate client feedback.
- Create an environment that fosters teamwork and accountability and positively impacts the customer experience.
- Manage account territory assignments through an understanding of the sales renewable base, contract and users counts.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of capabilities and products in order to convey benefits to the Customer/Prospect and to coach the team on how to position capabilities.
- Develop and maintain proficient knowledge of current CRM .
- Develop and maintain understanding of key Moody's Investors Service's research and Moody's Analytics' quantitative credit risk models.
- Maintain, develop and document department policies, practices and procedures.
- Responsible for managing the expense budget for the team
- Represent the standards of Customer Service in all interactions.
- Degree educated (or equivalent) within a Finance or Economics discipline.
- Experience in a sales, account management, relationship management or other related client-facing position preferably within the financial services sector
- Experience in leading and managing a team of Account managers or Sales people
- Knowledge of financial services and/or capital markets.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to confidently deal with conflict and difficult situations.
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to diagnose issues and develop solutions.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to multi task and to meet deadlines.
- Skilled at Excel and working knowledge of Salesforce.com a plus.
- Strong initiative/results driven. Must provide evidence of achieving/exceeding targets and goals.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment, with focus and high attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.