Associate Director, Transaction Banking Cash Sales
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Plan, strategize, and effectively market and sell Cash products and services to meet the requirements of Cash-covered clients, defend and expand existing wallet share, and capture new business relationships; support the same activities on non-Cash-covered clients, including prospects, when required
- Participate and contribute to account planning process led by GAM team and in partnership with other Product teams
- Interact with footprint/ network counterparts across Relationship and Product teams to drive Cash business.
- Meet individual revenue targets and scorecard metrics; contribute to the sales team achieving its quantitative and qualitative performance objectives
- Join Relationship teams in client calling; interact externally and build relationships with clients to drive Cash business; write and upload call reports
- Identify opportunities to grow Cash revenue and build a deal pipeline; manage pipeline for US-originated deals and all deals for US Cash clients
- Respond to client inquiries around Sales and Product details and processes, and actively participate in client implementations from a relationship perspective
- Apply product and client knowledge in targeted sales activities, including facilitating structuring and co-creation of solutions with clients
- Help develop pitchbooks and marketing materials in coordination with Relationship teams to clearly communicate product details and information to clients
- Respond to requests for proposals (RFPs) and requests for information (RFIs) by developing proposals and pitches
- Understanding of clients' operating environment, including transactional flows, treasury operations, and working capital needs
- Maintain core Cash Management and Liquidity Management product knowledge; attend all relevant Product and Sales trainings and keep up-to-date on e-learnings
- Research and keep abreast of news on clients and prospects
- Maintain an international mindset to effectively communicate, build relationships, and represent the bank across cultures, markets, geographies, and demographics
- Promote the bank's brand and exemplify the bank's values in external and internal interactions
- Attention to detail and timeliness in a high activity environment
- Adhere to the global processes around conduct and sales disciplines including pipeline management, call reports and deal management
- Execute activities in line with TB sales pipeline policy
People and Talent
- Ability to build professional network across the bank to foster collaboration among teams
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to achieve common goals for the bank and the clients
- Manage all TB Sales risks in the Country (incl. through BORFs & CORCs), conform to global standards, improve risk metrics, e-enablement & culture, and ensure no failed audits (internal & external).
- Adhere to good sales practices in relation to relevant policies, behaviors (per Culture, Conduct Behaviors).
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Document deal approvals, pricing, and client communications in bank information systems.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Transaction Banking Sales teams
- Transaction Banking Product teams
- Client Services teams
- Global Banking and RM teams
- Cash Management Operations teams
- Operational Risk, Compliance and Legal teams
- Broad banking experience
- Deep knowledge of TB products
- More than 4-5 years' experience in driving Cash Management business
- Proven ability to independently identify, drive and deliver on opportunities.
- Practitioner with Basic and Advanced Cash knowledge
- Structuring Solutions and ability to handle documentation
- Strong credit understanding and experience
- Understanding of how to work effectively within a matrix / network organisation
- Ability to proactively identify client needs and create solutions to generate new to bank business
- Ability to cultivate a network of relationships in the client with key influencers
- Trusted advisor - positions as the "go to" person for clients when they desire strategic TB input
- Strong credibility with internal key stakeholders, i.e. Risk, Corporate Banking, Legal, Technology
- Sharp commercial focus, analytical mindset, consultative engagement style, innovative problem-solving approach, and strong achievement orientation with the expertise in MS Office Suite
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.