Associate Director, Rights Management
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 16 Jan 19
Associate Director, Rights Management
The Role: Associate Director, Rights Management
The Location: New York, New York
The Impact: You will contribute to the centralization and growth of this function for S&P Global business divisions. This position has significant importance to a variety of internal partners. This position reports into the Market Intelligence Legal team with a secondary reporting line into CASA ("Content Acquisition and Strategic Alliances"). Your focus will be on the rights of use of 3rd party content and services. You will implement internal controls and provide guidance to internal colleagues to ensure the use of 3rd party content and services contracts meets the needs of our businesses and S&P Global is in compliance with all terms and conditions.
What's in it for you: In this role you will have the opportunity to interact with people from across the S&P Global organization. You will learn about numerous market data products, services and vendors and their product offerings. You will be part of a Team that has exposure to many of the groups and divisions that the Company is involved in. You will continue to learn about financial services by being in a company that is a global leader in financial services.
- Provide leadership on producing a system and process to better operationalize the Rights Management function at S&P Global in order to make Rights Management a transparent, leverage-able, business enabler.
- Provide leadership to the rights management component of our data catalog
- Lead rights management reviews of existing and prospective 3rd party data and services vendor agreements to assess rights allowed and share review analysis with and make recommendations to business partners. Collaborate with legal team.
- Establish an organized project and related tracking and reporting for broader rights management requests that consist of review of multiple vendor agreements and/or use cases.
- Document and track rights management reviews. Identify any problem areas that arise.
- Implement and promote standard methodologies globally, including finding opportunities to optimize and demonstrate data sources across the organization. Abide by legal and CASA operational standards and protocol.
- Provide internal business support and coordination during vendor and internal audits. Act as point person for vendors and internal partners during audit process.
- Collaborate with legal and CASA team members on process improvement/optimization, documentation, and cost savings opportunities.
- Meet with business partners and vendors, review news and periodicals, attend training and events to continuously grow and evolve knowledge base of S&P Global's products and services, S&P Global's 3rd party vendor partners, and the overall financial information and market data industry.
What We're Looking For:
- Project management skills
- Strong knowledge and interest in new technology applications (e.g. AI, machine learning, OCR) for rights management
- Experience reviewing, revising, negotiating and authoring data license agreements
- Experience with financial information/market data vendor relationship management, contract negotiations and overall market data management required.
- Attention to detail, follow-through on projects and multi-tasking skills a requirement.
- Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook needed.
- Comfortable liaising and collaborating with internal stakeholders and external vendors.
- Solid presentation and writing skills with ability to influence.
- Excellent organizational and collaboration skills. Highly organized and self-directed with the ability to work autonomously and adapt to change.
- Strong interpersonal verbal and written communications skills with the ability to inspire others to find creative solutions to challenging situations or problems
- Legal training or degree a plus but not required.
- Ability to think creatively
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial, industry data, research, and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person's ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.