Associate Director, Relationship Management (Financial Services)
JobDescription : The Role:
The S&P Global Ratings Relationship Manager is responsible for managing existing rated issuer accounts, delivering a positive overall client experience, and supporting account growth and new business development. The open position supports S&P Global Ratings clients in the Financial Service industries. This is an excellent opportunity for an energetic commercially-minded individual who wants to gain exposure to clients and build a career in sales and/or account management. The Impact:
Relationship Managers are part of the Commercial Organization and serve as a primary point of commercial contact with clients. Client contacts are typically Corporate Treasurers or Chief Financial Officers. Their daily interaction with clients directly impacts revenue retention and growth. By working with clients on a daily basis, Relationship Managers educate and spread awareness in the marketplace about S&P Global Rating's capabilities. Relationship Managers interact with clients to achieve a strong understanding of client business models, issues and needs, and are responsible for sales targets across several primary product areas: Bank Loan Ratings (BLR), Rating Evaluation Service (RES), Issuer Credit Ratings (ICR), and Environmental Social & Governance (ESG) Evaluations. Responsibilities:
- Provide high touch client service to communicate S&P's value proposition, leverage communication and negotiation skills to gain user acceptance and optimize revenue
- Deliver insights on product functionality and use cases
- Monitor product usage to ensure client retention and identify upsell opportunities
- Work and coordinate with various teams in account planning and renewals
- Track customer & industry developments and trends, and respond accordingly
- Understand customer problems and suggest ways to help clients address them
- Accountable for contributing to the achievement of sales goals for the assigned sales team and retention of revenue
About S&P Global Ratings
- Bachelor's degree (Finance, Economics or related field preferred)
- 5-10 years of work experience (at least 3 years of experience in financial services industry preferred)
- Knowledge of finance and accounting principles is a plus
- Strong presentation, communication, multitasking and customer service skills
- Positive, proactive attitude and ability to work well in teams
- Proved record of maintaining strong relationships with senior members of client organizations, addressing their needs, and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction
- Exceptional skills in listening to clients, articulating ideas and complex information in a clear and structured manner
- Demonstrate sound ability to analyze client information quickly, respond logically, and use data to influence client purchase decisions
- Desire to work in a position that requires negotiation skills and a drive for performance, and in which success is based on the achievement of clearly measurable quantitative metrics.
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.