Contributes to the overall success of the Global Analytics and Financial Engineering ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are compliant with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Develops valuation and data solutions for Equity Derivatives products, and ensures their soundness, integrity and the implementation feasibility. In particular, the candidate should be able to become proficient in developing front office tools and models aimed at facilitating issuance, valuation, booking and servicing of equity linked structured notes.
- Develops robust and reliable front office analytics for valuation, data handling, risk management and P/L attribution for products and portfolios in the context of end of day reporting as well as for intraday risk management and life cycle purposes.
- Develop solutions that facilitates deployment, maintenance and integration of the quantitative libraries with in-house and vendor platforms and tools, as well as solutions for efficient computing and flexible and transparent organization and integration of the code.
- Provides subject matter expertise to the product stakeholders such as the business, risk management, audit, product control and technology groups during and post the model implementation
- Forms a close partnership with adjacent teams in order to efficiently develop and deploy models and products and guide front-to-back implementation solutions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
- Master’s or Ph.D. degree in a quantitative discipline
- 3+ years of experience with developing solutions for financial products
- Strong C++ and Python skills, familiarity with other standard languages and platforms; ability to organize, maintain and link in-house and vendor libraries and packages.
- Solid knowledge of basic principles of and methods for valuation of financial products.
- Good communication skills
Location(s): United States : New York : New York City
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.