Associate Director, Investment Operations
At Vontobel, we are committed to actively shaping our future. We create and pursue investment opportunities that get our clients ahead. As a global financial service provider with Swiss roots, we specialize in wealth management, active asset management and investment solutions that fit.
Vontobel Asset Management, Inc. in New York is a global investment management firm dedicated exclusively to managing long-only global equity portfolios. Established in 1984, Vontobel serves both institutional and intermediary clients including some of the world's leading corporations, public and private pension funds. Vontobel's investment expertise is rooted in its passion for active asset management. We believe the Firm has built a successful track record by taking a common sense investment approach: seek high quality growth at sensible prices to generate consistently attractive risk-adjusted long-term performance with less than benchmark risk. Vontobel is a wholly owned subsidiary of Vontobel Holding AG one of Switzerland's foremost private banks for more than ninety years.
Within the New York based Operations Group, we are looking for an Associate Director to support the Director of Operations. This role will work closely with our operations outsourcing partner, Northern Trust Investment Operations and the Vontobel Trading Desk and Compliance teams. They will also be involved in the day to day management of US and Luxembourg based fund vehicles.
- Day to day management responsibilities for US and Luxembourg based fund vehicles include:
- On-boarding and off-boarding clients (closely coordinating with Compliance, Sales, client service teams, investors, traders, custodians, and consultants)
- Facilitating client transitions between vehicles and client changes
- Managing fund wire activity
- Conducting regular service calls with various internal departments and external servicing partners on fund issues and initiatives
- Completing all external audit requests for clients in the fund as well as larger scale annual and bi-annual fund audits
- Liaising between custodial banks, administrators, and fund investors to ensure quality client service
- Managing client contacts in Appian
- Coordinating annual compliance and tax documentation distributions and general ad hoc regulatory communications affecting fund clients
- Assist the Head of Operations on New Fund launches:
- Review legal and operational documents such as: Prospectus, ISDA, SLA, IMA, Trustee, Custodial/TA, etc. agreements, as well as other misc documents as required
- Complete custodian market opening documents for international and emerging domiciles
- Complete Markit and ISDA forms
- Take part in weekly conference calls regarding fund status
- Provide updates on outstanding operational deliverables to senior management
- Activities for oversight of Northern Trust Investment Operations Outsourcing include:
- Trade matching and settlement - all Asset Classes but Fixed Income and Alternatives
- Cash management including foreign exchange
- Monitoring cash flows and transition activity
- On-boarding and off-boarding of managed accounts
- Reconciling accounts and monitoring for overdrafts
- Documenting corporate actions
- Support for Vontobel Trading Desk and Compliance teams and oversight of Vontobel order management system (Charles River Investment Manager) and execution management system, (Portware) entails:
- Daily monitoring of all workflow monitor alerts
- Creating new securities
- Overseeing of the security master file
- Triaging issues identified by Trading or Compliance
- Liaising with Charles River Operations where applicable
- Setting up new users
- Conducting broker on-boarding and setup
- Support major transformative initiatives which entails:
- Assist in defining the project
- Work with external consultants to document technical and business requirements
- Verify that project deliverables meet the requirements
- Participate in user acceptance testing
- Escalation of issues to Director of Operations
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or related field
- 5-8 years working operations experience
- Experience with UCITS, FCP, Mutual Funds, Collective Investment Trusts, etc. including basic knowledge of compliance and regulatory requirements
- Experience with large custodial banks preferred; basic knowledge of banking systems and general procedures as well as team structures in larger banking corporations ideal
- Have an understanding of business process/CRM websites (Appian, SalesForce, etc.), tech development projects, and general system integration
- Experience working with large scale implementations including new application installations, trustee changes, vendor updates, etc.
- Must be able to multi-task and communicate with parties in different time zones
- Must display excellent attention to detail and have exemplary communication skills (written and verbal)
- Self-starter, must be able to think outside of the box for creative process solutions and seek out improvements without specific direction
- Will be expected to work independently with limited supervision and hard deadlines
Thank you for applying to Vontobel. We will carefully review your application and will respond to you in a timely manner.
At Vontobel, we are an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
We value the many voices within our teams and are committed to creating an environment where everyone who wants to be part of our performance culture can be themselves. It is based on mutual respect and zero tolerance for any form of discrimination.
If you have any questions you can contact us through our contact form .