Associate Director, Global R&D
JobDescription : The Role
: Analyst, Global Research & Design The Location
: New York City The Team
: Global Research & Design, Americas The Impact
The Global Research & Design group at S&P Dow Jones Indices is looking for a quantitative research analyst with a strong background in mathematics and computer programming to support the Americas region research team.
The team is responsible for the conceptualization and design of new indices for S&P Dow Jones Indices, and the creation of research to provoke thinking on new passive investment concepts. The team serves as an innovator and thought leader within and outside the organization. Your Impact:
This role handles all aspects to support the research and design for equity and multi-asset indices and involves generating investment ideas, gathering and cleansing data, back-testing strategies, running index analytics, finalizing index methodologies, preparing presentations, and publishing research papers. Responsibilities
Skills and Experience We Are Looking For:
- Perform portfolio construction, back-testing, and quantitative analysis of various index strategies including smart beta, multi-asset, sustainability, thematic, etc.
- Support lead analysts on data gathering, data quality assurance, and index analytics.
- Create research publications, documentations, and other presentation collateral.
- Create and support automation tools and processes used by the wider team.
- Coordinate with the rest of the Global R&D team, as well as other functional groups including Product Management, Sales, Marketing, Channel, and Index Management.
- Must be able to manage multiple concurrent projects and deadlines.
- Must be able to clearly communicate to a variety of both internal and external clients.
- Minimum 2+ years of professional experience in a financial services or analytics role.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a quantitative field such as Finance, Mathematics, Data Science, Computer Science, Economics, or Engineering. Ph.D. preferable.
- Progress towards or completion of CFA charter exams desirable.
- Experience using financial data applications e.g. FactSet, Morningstar, Bloomberg, Reuters, Axioma, Barra.
- Programming skills in Python, MATLAB, and/or R.
- Hands-on experience with portfolio back-testing and simulation