Associate Director, Dealer Relations
Who we are:
Founded in 2012, automotiveMastermind is a leading provider of predictive analytics and marketing automation solutions for the automotive industry, putting dealers back in the driver's seat with Market EyeQ. Market EyeQ is a turnkey sales and marketing platform that empowers dealers to predict future car buyers, market to them at the right time and close more deals with less effort. Mastermind is headquartered in New York City. For more information, visit automotivemastermind.com .
At automotiveMastermind, we thrive on high energy at high speed. We're an organization in hyper-growth mode and have a fast-paced culture to match. Our highly engaged teams feel passionately about both our product and our people. This passion is what continues to motivate and challenge our teams to be best-in-class. Our cultural values of "Drive" and "Help" have been at the core of what we do, and how we have built our culture through the years. This cultural framework inspires a passion for success while collaborating to win. What we do:
automotiveMastermind puts dealers in the driver's seat with Market EyeQ. Market EyeQ is an automated sales and marketing platform that empowers dealers to close more deals by predicting future buyers and consistently marketing to them. Generate success in your loyalty, service, and conquest portfolios through a combination of turnkey predictive analytics, proactive marketing, and dedicated consultative services. What you will do:
As a member of Dealer Relations team, you must possess superior communication skills that enable you to build high-level relationships throughout the entire dealership. You consistently demonstrate a clear comprehensive understanding of our dealer partners goals, pain points, markets, and their competitors, as well as automotive business trends. You are highly organized, task and detail-oriented, articulate, flexible, self-motivated, and capable of working well under pressure. You are driven to provide the highest level of unwavering customer service through coaching, training, and consultation. Your professional experience has instilled a sense of urgency without compromising the strategic approach to achieve success for our dealer partners.
You have practical experience, a comprehensive understanding, and strong working knowledge of how an automotive dealership runs day to day. You can travel as needed within and out of your defined territory. You continually strive to meet or exceed expectations in all aspects of your role, from servicing our partners to proactively contributing and collaborating with the team and dealerships. Ideal candidate:
The Associate Director, Dealer Relations is a role envisioned as a successor to the Director, Dealer Relations. As a counterpart to their Director, it is imperative the individual in this role is elevated to a regional thinker and people training and developer. Furthermore, this role will work closely with their Director to support not only key projects within the region, but to act as a proxy for key meetings, dealer visits, and regional leadership appearances. The incumbent of this position must reside in market which are the following locations: MI, IL, IN, Southwest OH, MN, WI.
From a strategic perspective, this role will:
- Work across the Dealer Relations team fostering collaborating on key projects or initiatives
- Manage within commercial on key support and sales initiatives by partnering with key stakeholders and leadership
- Lead key projects set forward by Dealer Relations team by providing and collecting data-driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders across the Dealer Relations Team
- Remain abreast of matters across the Dealer Relations team and serve as ambassador to escalate and recommend solutions to resolve
From a leadership perspective, this role will:
What your day looks like:
- Manage, coach, mentor and develop a high-performing team of 2-4 DRMs in territory
- Partner with the Director(s) on hiring, skills gap assessments and leverage the Commercial Enablement Team on relevant training and development opportunities
In addition to your efforts supporting your Director, Dealer Relations in strategic projects and leadership expectations outlined above, you will also be responsible for your expectations as a Dealer Relations Manager, including but not limited to:
Who you are:
- Dealer Partner liaison ensuring the partners expectations are met with exemplary service while maintaining a solid relationship
- You will have an in depth understanding of our software platform to strategically implement processes while working executive management, floor management and other various departments within the dealership. This is including a full working knowledge of the automotiveMastermind proprietary technology platform - Market EyeQ
- You will plan, execute, and manage launching new dealer partners with product implementation. Ongoing consultation and training will be done regularly by the set cadence.
- As the first point of contact for our dealer partners you will be required to direct and troubleshoot as necessary.
- You will ensure that product changes, new features and releases are communicated and implemented in a timely manner.
- You will be responsible to retain 20+ accounts
- Bachelors' degree in Business, Management, Marketing or a related field
- 3-5 years professional experience working in sales, marketing or customer service in a luxury automotive retail environment
- Significant experience working with CRM tools and are at ease with technology
- Think quickly on your feet and handle ambiguity
- Communicate well both orally and in writing and demonstrate business and financial acumen in your daily work
- Know how to establish rapport and develop meaningful relationships with your clients
- Negotiate effectively, finding the win-win solution to problems
- Proactively solicit feedback, ask clarifying questions and resolve issues in a non-confrontational way
- Ability to perform as part of a larger team and work independently to schedule and prioritize your work
- Regularly assess your own performance and adapt your work to achieve better results
- Must believe in what you do and feel a vested interest the company's success
Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Generally, work is performed Monday through Friday, though holidays and weekends may be required.
We believe in equal employment opportunities:
The company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The company expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the company's employees to perform their job duties may result in disciplinary actions up to and including discharge.
This role requires 80%-100% travel within the region and nationally as needed.Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.