Associate Director, Corporate Business Intelligence
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 15 Oct 18
Associate Director, Corporate Business Intelligence
Job Title: Associate Director, Corporate Business Intelligence
Location: 55 Water Street New York, NY
What's in it for you:
- Learn, refine and grow your skills to be an internal thought leader on business intelligence/reporting best practices
- Exposure to multiple business lines and their leadership teams
- Make a difference with data and contribute to the company's growth by turning data into insights
- Hands on manager of the Tableau-based executive reporting tool (known as Pulse) - which aims to cover an increasing range of information sources and analyses across the company. Day to day activities will include:
- Prioritizing new areas for development (managing the product road-map)
- Creating and executing new visualization ideas, including usefully connecting data sources together
- Provide ongoing maintenance and improvement of existing reports based on user feedback and new business priorities
- Ensuring monthly and quarterly reporting cycle works effectively by working with internal data providers
- Act as an internal consultant to other groups as they progress on their business intelligence journey
- Provide day to day support and insight to the corporate strategy team and reporting end users
- Jointly managing our overseas Tableau Center of Excellence talent pool (2 currently, with some expansion potentially planned)
- Potentially working on other strategic projects within the Enterprise FP&A and Corporate Strategy teams including development/project management of our FP&A tool in Anaplan
- Other responsibilities include:
- Documenting report design and business requirements
- Facilitate end users reporting workshops
- Support training and adoption of reporting capability
- Highly proficient in (with a minimum 2+ years direct experience preferred):
- Tableau Desktop
- Data visualization best practices
- Tableau Server deployments
- Proven design abilities for reports/dashboards in Tableau
- Able to act as the liaison between the business and technology counterparts responsible for building the data solution behind the Tableau report
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely present issues and ideas
- Critical thinker willing to question solutions and strive for excellence in delivery
- Passionate about using data to drive business decisions
- Comfortable managing the delivery of high quality outputs with overlapping deadlines and tight time constraints
- Degree educated (BA or BS)
- 4 years + in a service delivery and/or business intelligence role preferred
- Knowledgeable in Oracle, SQL and basic data modelling practices
- Management or relevant technical consulting background
- Assertive with independent mind who operates with facts and pushes back with respect
- Familiar with multiple business functions (Marketing, Product, Finance et al.) and comfortable engaging with various stakeholders including C-level executives
The following sector experience will be helpful but is not critical:
- Financial Services
- Information businesses
- Commodities industries and markets
About S&P Global
At S&P Global, we don't give you intelligence-we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We're the world's foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:
- S&P Global Ratings, which provides credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence, which provides insights into companies, markets and data so that business and financial decisions can be made with conviction.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices, the world's largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, which helps investors pinpoint global opportunities.
- S&P Global Platts, which equips customers to identify and seize opportunities in energy and commodities, stimulating business growth and market transparency.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.