- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Associate Director, Business Development
Location: New York, NY, USAIdeal Candidate:
An experienced Business Development sales person with extensive experience in the investment banking / Private Equity sector. To be successful in this role you should have good knowledge of the investment banking competitive landscape including all relevant divisions across IBD / markets and ideally an established network in the industry.
Excellent verbal and written presentation skills and strong negotiation skills are essential, as is the ability to build and establish long term relationships with clients and internal stakeholders.
Prior experience of presenting and marketing to C-Suite management at clients or at senior levels within an Investment Bank is highly desirable. Experience of working with knowledge based outsourcing services or high value consulting services to Investment Banks is a plus.
- Run high quality enterprise sales cycles which includes:-
- Identifying and initiating new sales opportunities by prospecting new clients
- Leveraging existing client relationships and networks to generate commercial interest
- Qualification and generating demand at clients and prospects
- Creating compelling value propositions mapped to client business needs
- Negotiating and closing complex agreements
- Own quota to be attained by selling to new client accounts and by leveraging one's earlier relationships for selling high value added services to Investment Banks including
- M&A / ECM, DCM / Loans / Sector and coverage team support
- Sell-side research (Equities, Credit, Quant, Research Production)
- Risk and compliance support
- Other services
- Negotiate at the front office COO/CXO level to build a broad vision of outsourcing and associated benefits
- Ensure complete client coverage by calling upon the support of subject matter specialists and marketing teams in India
- Provide accurate forecasts and pipeline information to management
- Meet established revenue targets, while creating new and enhanced customer relationships and ensuring cli
Moody's Analytics Knowledge Services (MAKS),
- Bachelors' degree (or equivalent) in Finance, Economics or related area is highly desirable
- Experience of working in the front office of product / sector teams in an investment bank is preferred. Alternatively, sell-side research experience is also valuable
- Ability to source, identify and develop new business opportunities
- Ability to sell on a needs/solutions approach and ability to engage with senior business users, COO's, CIO's, Chief Credit Officers, CRO's, CCO's and Procurement Managers
- Ability to influence key decision makers during the full life cycle of the sales process
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills as well as outstanding client relationship management experience
- Experience in leading sales efforts, proposal development and closing deals
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to diagnose issues and develop solutions
- Ability to multi task and meet short deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment, with focus and high attention to detail
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.