Associate Director - Structured Finance Ratings (ABS)
JobDescription : The Team:
S&P Global Ratings is seeking an Associate Director to join its Structured Finance practice as part of the Asset Backed Securities team. The practice provides credit ratings of structured products that are backed by pools of consumer and commercial assets, including auto loans and leases, equipment leases, credit card receivables, student loans and personal loans in the U.S. and Canada. The Impact:
The candidate will be an integral part of the analytical team, which is responsible for credit, structural and legal analysis of new issue and outstanding ABS ratings. What's in it for you:
Structured finance is an important sector of the capital markets and is a key funding source and growth driver for many areas of the economy. If you are interested in helping to facilitate this growth while challenging yourself in a fast-paced environment, this is the right position for you. It offers the opportunity to work in a collegial culture with great potential for professional development and career growth. To succeed, you must be comfortable with quantitative analysis and have an aptitude for problem solving. While based in Centennial, you will report to the analytical team manager in New York. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For: Basic Qualifications:
- Serve as senior analyst on complex ABS transactions, covering both new issue & surveillance portfolios.
- Provide leadership toward mentoring and coaching junior analysts.
- Represent S&P externally at issuer and investor meetings, industry conferences.
- Read legal & operating documents and extract relevant information for cash flow and structure analysis.
- Demonstrate analytical excellence to enhance the timeliness and quality of our ratings.
- Adhere to all analytical guidelines, procedures and policies.
- MBA degree or CFA with 5 years+ experience in the financial services industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required.
- Ability to multi-task and manage deadlines under time pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a collaborative team.
- Diligent and intellectually curious with a strong work ethic and a drive to succeed.
- Strong understanding of financial markets and their relationship to S&P Global products.
- Ability to analyze and solve non-routine problems in a timely and insightful manner.
- Effective communications style and strong interpersonal skills to represent S&P at management meetings.
- Experience in consumer and commercial ABS preferred or commercial lending environment with evidence of increasing responsibility.
- Strong organizational skills, execution mindset and ability to delegate effectively.
- Very strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Have the ability to undertake rigorous analytical work and be proficient at writing analytical reports.
- Possess the ability to think analytically; synthesize information into reasoned arguments.