- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Apr 18
Associate Director - Software Engineer(Full Stack)
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Role / Responsibilities:
Moody's Analytics Emerging Business Unit (EBU) is an innovation-focused team, which main goals include identifying and developing new business opportunities by leveraging new technologies and partnering with the Fintech community, as well as fostering an entrepreneurial culture at Moody's Analytics (MA).
Working as part of the Emerging Business Unit, and reporting to the Senior Director Strategy and Innovation, you will be working hands-on in the architecting, development, and launching of AI/ML applications and web-based products in Moody's Analytics.
Working in a multi-disciplinary team in an agile environment, this is an opportunity for you to use your extensive technical skills, can-do approach and broad experience in rapid development, and delivering great customer experiences
As an Associate Director - Software Engineer in the Emerging Business Unit of the Moody's Analytics business, you will be working hands-on in the development of AI/Machine Learning products.
Your role and responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the architecting and hands-on development of Artificial Intelligence/Machine learning customer-facing applications for the EBU team.
- Full stack architecture and development of applications. This will include an emphasis on front-end development.
- Collaborate with current and potential customers, MA Lines of Businesses, and external partners, to understand the requirements for artificial intelligence/machine learning applications.
- Conduct hands-on prototyping of technologies and solutions.
- Work with senior leaders and product managers to define a technology roadmap that communicates long-term plans for AI/ML products.
- Research technologies and lead POC development, to ensure feasibility and meet technology vision.
- Participate in architecture and design reviews
Emerging Business Unit
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related majors from top institutions, Master as a plus.
- Deep understandings of Object Oriented designing and programming.
- 7+ years of professional software design and development experiences on multi-tiered enterprise applications.
- Proficient in data access techniques as well as database design for both relational and NoSQL databases
- Demonstrated ability to perform lead role in the following:
- building applications that have a high level of unit test coverage and use mocking frameworks
- following SOA principles and Web Service standards
- designing and implementing security in enterprise applications
- ensuring applications perform well in load balanced/clustered environments
- Motivated to learn latest technologies and transfer knowledge to others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Can motivate and mentor others, in a fast-paced team environment; able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences, at all levels of the organization
- Consistently displays excellent presentation skills
- Significant experience collaborating with other functional areas at all levels of the organization.
- Expert in front end development technologies (jQuery, Angular, React or View)
- Understanding of Machine Learning tools, such as TensorFlow
- Understanding of web-based notebooks, such as Zepellin or Jupyter
- Knowledge of CI/CD technologies and processes
- Expert in Development tools: Visual Studio, Eclipse (CDT), IntelliJ IDEA, WebStorm, etc.
- Expert in Development Platforms: Microsoft Windows, Linux.
- Expert in Application Servers: IIS, Tomcat, WebSphere, Resin, Jetty, Apache, ExpressJS, etc.
- Expert in Application Frameworks & Engines: ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET WEB API, Microsoft WPF/WCF/WWF, Linq, Unity, Entity Framework, SharePoint, Microsoft Enterprise Library, etc. J2SE, J2EE, JDBC, RMI/IIOP, Spring framework, JPA(Java Persistence API) or other ORM framework such as Hibernate or iBatics, JTA(Java Transaction API), Java WebService, JavaMail and JMS, etc. STL, Boost, GTest, etc. JQuery, Node.js, Angular.js, Bootstrap, etc.
- Familiar with Databases: SQL and Non SQL, Oracle, Sybase, Postgres, MySql, MongoDB, etc.
- Competent in Others: Jira, Rally, CVS, SVN, Perforce, Git, Jenkins, etc.
- Competent in both AWS and Microsoft Azure Cloud technologies and services.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.