Associate Director - Residential Mortgage Backed Securities
At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity, employees work in an environment where they can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey.
Fitch is looking for an Associate Director to work on projects in research and modeling for the Structured Finance - Residential Mortgage Backed Securities (RMBS) group. The position will be responsible for a wide range of tasks. Specific responsibilities will include writing reports and press releases; analyzing datasets and performing statistical analyses; assisting in the development of models for the rating process; and helping to determine and advance the group's research agenda. The position focuses on the U.S. and Canadian residential mortgage-backed securities market, and will cover a broad range of topics including cash flow modeling, home price forecasting, and demographic trend analysis.
An ideal candidate will demonstrate exceptional communication skills and have a strong working knowledge of economic and financial theory. A strong understanding of data analysis, quantitative finance, econometric and/or statistical knowledge is required. Because of the wide range of responsibilities, the ability to quickly pick up new ideas and techniques is essential. Excellent critical thinking skills and flexibility are a must.
The Associate Director will:
- Support senior analysts on research pieces across a range of industry-relevant topics;
- Investigate and analyze the latest industry, regulatory, and economic information qualitatively and quantitatively;
- Assist in development/testing/implementation of models used in the ratings process;
- Assist in the development of ratings criteria, including writing relevant reports, and coordinating documentation for the internal approval process;
- Build automation tools to enhance workflow efficiency;
- Create presentations and develop compelling graphics for both internal and external usage.
- BA/BS/MA/MS/PhD degree in Economics, Statistics, Financial Engineering, Operations Research, Public Policy, Computer Science, Data Science, or a related field, with preference given to strong cross-disciplinary coursework (esp. writing-focused)
- Strong work ethics required.
- Strong communication, critical thinking, and quantitative skills a must.
- Programming experience in Python, SQL, VBA, or R.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word/Excel.
- Experience in using quantitative analysis and statistical modelling.
- Self-motivated, and able to manage timelines across many disparate projects.
- Willingness and ability to quickly learn new concepts and techniques across a variety of topics.
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: www.fitchratings.com | www.fitchsolutions.com | www.fitchlearning.com
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.