Associate Director - Product Owner
Product Owner - Associate Director The Location:
We are considering candidates in the following locations: London, New York, Denver, Singapore, and Melbourne The Team:
S&P Global Ratings provides essential intelligence in credit ratings, research, and insights to drive growth and transparency. The Technology Product Management Group is responsible for delivering business value through technology solutions and guiding the product lifecycle for over 100 internal and external applications. With a global staff of business analysts and product owners, we support over 50 scrum teams to deliver transformational workflow, analytic, content and customer facing platforms. The Impact:
You will be the TPM leader supporting the project lifecycle - from scope definition through adoption. You will work hand-in-hand with business stakeholders to find the best implementation to meet their challenges. You will guide the investment of our technology resources to transform and maximize value in our business. Compensation/Benefits Information:
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $130,000 - $200,000. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
This role is eligible to receive S&P Global benefits. What's in it for you:
Product Owners are the heart of Technology Product Management. You will have the opportunity to be exposed to many types of technology and aspects of S&P Ratings business, as you rotate across project engagements with defined goals, and resourced with scrum teams that you will guide to a successful implementation that satisfies or surpasses its expected business value. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For: Basic Qualifications:
- Work with Champion, Technology Product Management and Technology Leads to shape project proposals including business case, vision statement, and resource estimates.
- Document high level requirements needed for the estimation process
- Lead requirement alignment and prioritization across multiple scrum teams during the build phase of the product lifecycle. Effectively communicate product strategy and roadmap and get the team excited about the product vision. Create an atmosphere of empowerment within individual scrums teams by providing guardrails and clarity on success measures, while allowing an iterative approach where failing fast is embraced
- Ability to understand technical challenges and make educated trade-offs with your team.
- Drive product demos to end users, stakeholders, and other product owner peers. Constantly solicit user feedback and look for opportunities to incorporate them into product roadmap.
- Understand tech trends and how they might affect the product roadmap through innovation.
- Collaborate with change management teams to establish effective adoption strategy, training materials, and communication plan
- Translate client feedback/requests into product ideas for enhancement releases
- Fundamental knowledge of agile and scrum methodologies
- Leads and uses conceptual and innovative thinking (i.e., identifying new/different solutions) to solve issues without supervision. Looks beyond immediate problems for wider implications and determines best path forward.
- Requires highly developed communications skills and ability to negotiate internally and often at higher levels. External communications may be a need but not a primary focus.
- Leads and directly impacts the professional and/or technical direction and strategy for a discipline or a core product including shaping and designing new policies, procedures and standards
- Able to adjust narrative to fit audience including comfort presenting independently to senior stakeholders
- Meeting facilitation, communication, and presentation/ public speaking skills
- 7+ Years in Industry
- 5+ Years in Business Analysis or Product Management
About S&P Global Ratings
- Fundamental knowledge of the Technology Architectures and Approaches within S&P Global
- Have a data-driven mindset, with an understanding of how to apply KPI's and measures of success for Product development
- Business value and business case development
- Fundamental knowledge of most functional areas of S&P Ratings such as analytic business units, operational, risk and methodology processes, and terminology
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
267047 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States