Associate Director - Emerging Technology
At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity, employees work in an environment where they can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey. Department Overview:
The Emerging Technology team's mandate is to coordinate and catalyze the adoption of disruptive AI, machine learning, and robotic process automation solutions across the Fitch Group. Specific Emerging Technology team objectives are:
• Provide AI/ML vision, strategy, and governance
• Manage Fitch's external AI/ML relationships
• Coordinate the utilization of external vendors to deliver AI/ML solutions
• Communicate AI/ML progress and developments to senior leadership and across the company
• Scale the Robotic Process Automation program
• Lead and support the internal Data Science Challenge and other Group-sponsored events
The Emerging Technology team is looking for a skilled candidate to assist in the development of AI/Machine Learning projects. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of present-day AI/ML capabilities and strong business analysis skills. Familiarity with credit rating agency operations and the credit ratings business model is a strong plus, or more generally, experience in financial services is desirable. Role Description:
• Support the documentation and tracking of AI/ML related project proposals from business leaders across the company
• Work with stakeholders of projects to document and prioritize requirements, define success factors and KPIs, establish project timelines, etc.
• Prepare documentation of business cases for AI/ML proofs of concepts as well as the adoption
• Assist in the discovery and evaluation of vendor and 3rd-party AI/ML solutions, documenting capabilities and evaluating against requirements
• Help coordinate meetings and correspondence with 3rd party AI/ML relationships
• Work closely with IT Infrastructure and Businesses to ensure proper support for AI/ML experiments
• Closely monitor the initiatives and provide progress updates within Fitch for AI/ML projects
• Assist with logistics of the Data Science Challenge and other Group-sponsored events Skills & Experience:
• Experience asking the right questions in order to thoroughly understand and document business technology needs; connecting the dots and understanding a big picture; strong business analysis skills
• Understanding of present-day AI/ML technologies including their capabilities, limitations, and a good instinct for viability of particular applications
• Knowledge of applications of emerging technologies within the Financial Services sector, particularly Credit analysis and markets
• Strong communication skills; strong ability to engage with business leaders across the Fitch Group
• Experience with JIRA a plus
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: www.fitchratings.com | www.fitchsolutions.com | www.fitchlearning.com
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.