Associate Director - Business and Relationship Management Policy & Operations - London or NY
At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity, employees work in an environment where they can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey.
Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide have helped fund a century of growth and enables you to make important credit judgments with confidence. Position Summary
Fitch Ratings' Business and Relationship Management (BRM) Group is seeking an Associate Director level staffer to work in BRM's Policy & Operations Group based in the US or the UK. This position involves working with global BRM to ensure that the overall group and BRM staff members follow internal policies and procedures, and that the operations of the BRM organization and the behavior of its employees meet the company's Code of Conduct and other requirements. The new hire will be responsible for assisting the Policy & Operations Group in implementing all necessary actions to achieve the objectives of an effective and compliant business work environment. Key Responsibilities
• Assisting with developing, maintaining, and revising policies and procedures for the general operation of the BRM group, and to assist with providing guidance to management and employees on day to day-to-day operational matters.
• Collaborating with Fitch's Global Compliance and Legal Departments in developing, maintaining and enhancing Fitch's International Sanctions and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Policies.
• Assisting with implementing controls, performing reviews and on-going monitoring to ensure BRM does not engage with issuers that are subject to international sanctions.
• Providing support on Fitch's Know Your Customer (KYC) onboarding and annual review screening and approval processes.
• Producing reports on a regular basis (and as directed or requested) to keep the senior management, the Global Compliance Group, Internal Audit, external regulatory bodies, and others informed of BRM's operations and progress of the team's compliance efforts.
• Supporting various Global Fee Schedule and Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM) system enhancement and automation projects.
• Assist with maintaining BRM's Fee Agreement template documentation including Fee Letters, Terms & Conditions, and related Fee Tables and coordinating the non-English translations thereof.
• Collaborating with other departments (e.g. Global Compliance Group, Legal Department, Internal Audit, Credit Policy, Finance and Human Resources) to aid with compliance or operational matters, and provide direction to appropriate existing channels.
• Ensuring proper reporting of violations or potential violations as appropriate and/or required.
• Promoting an overall understanding of existing and new compliance issues and related policies and procedures.
• Assist with creating and maintaining a Policy & Operations' newsletter to keep global staff apprised of new policies, procedures and noteworthy initiatives. Position Requirements: Education
: A Bachelor's degree required. Graduate degree (JD or MBA) preferred. Experience
: A minimum of 3 years of prior work experience in a financial institution, rating agency, or other similar financial services firm, with a focus on compliance, operations and policy matters. Familiarity with compliance, operational, regulatory procedures and controls is a must. Prior Sanctions/AML experience is a strong plus. Working knowledge of Salesforce.com, or other form of customer relationship management software, viewed very favorably. Document management systems experience also viewed very favorably. Prior Legal, Regulatory, Compliance and/or Audit work experience a plus. Skills
: Strong writing, verbal, Excel, PPT skills a must. Ability to excel in a team-oriented environment required. Must possess the ability to shift fluidly between multiple projects as priorities change. Foreign language proficiency viewed favorably.
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: www.fitchratings.com | www.fitchsolutions.com | www.fitchlearning.com
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.