- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Associate Director – User Experience Architect
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Usability/Information Architect is a talented practitioner responsible for providing analysis, prototypes and concepts that help shape and guide user behaviour for MoodysAnalytics.com. This individual employs a user- centered design methodology to create exceptional experiences for our customers. The architect works closely with other members of the web development team (web technologists, site production/designers and operations) and stakeholders to understand business goals and translate those goals into plans that enhance the overall end-user experience.
The Usability/Information Architect works in a multidisciplinary environment, and in a collaborative fashion, on activities, often with numerous initiatives occurring concurrently. More specifically, this person:
- Plans information architecture by studying the site concept, strategy, and target audience; envisions architectural scheme, information structure and features, functionality; and user-interface design; creates user personas and test cases; designs information structure and usability standards, work-and dataflow, and navigation
- Implements information architecture by preparing use cases, site maps, flow diagrams, prototypes, wireframes/mock-ups including page layout and navigational elements and user interface documentation; coordinates with Web Technology lead, Site Production and Operations
- Develops and completes usability test plans; evaluates traffic patterns; studies user feedback
- Creates detailed specifications of interactions and visual designs to communicate with developers
- Performs quality assurance reviews of developed pages to ensure adherence to specifications
- Work with operations and developers to implement, track, monitor an optimize user interface and improve user experience
Moody's Analytics Central Marketing
- Bachelor of Arts degree or equivalent years of relevant military or employment experience
- 7+ years of professional experience as an Information Architect or User Experience Designer for web and mobile user interfaces
- 3+ years of experience working in an agency or consultancy
- Demonstrated fluency in best practices for mobile and web information architecture as well as deep and broad knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Experience in diagramming site architectures, user and data flows and user documentation
- Excellent oral, written and visualization skills
- Ability to demonstrate both leadership and understanding to a wide array of audiences
- Comfort with ambiguity, complexity and passion for overcoming challenges
- Detail-oriented self-starter with ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience in agile framework and business process improvement (six sigma) are a strong plus
- Proficiency with tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver), Azure, HTML, CSS, Sitecore, and Google Analytics/Tag Manager/Webmaster
- Working knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Marketo, Slack and Trello
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.