At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity encouraging an environment where employees can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective. Fitch is also committed to supporting its employees by advancing conversations around diversity, equity and inclusion. Fitch's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) have been established by employees who have joined together as a workplace community based on similar backgrounds or life experiences. Fitch's ERGs are available to connect employees with others within the organization to offer professional and personal support.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey.
Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide have helped fund a century of growth and enables you to make important credit judgments with confidence.
Fitch Ratings is seeking a self-motivated, inquisitive professional with credit and/or other public finance experience for the US Not-for-Profit Healthcare group in Public Finance. The candidate should also have strong quantitative analysis skills to conduct and support on-going research efforts. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Analyzing financial, debt, and operational data related to healthcare related issuers (acute and long-term care)
• Presenting analysis and making recommendations to committee of analysts within the public finance department
• Writing credit reports summarizing quantitative and qualitative analysis
• Participating in rating committee discussions and deliberations
• Managing issuer meetings and attending/speaking at industry conferences
• Building and maintaining relationships with issuers and financial advisors
• Collecting and tracking industry / issuer specific data for department-wide research projects
• Additional projects and assignments as assigned Position Requirements:
• Candidate should ideally possess a graduate degree in Finance, Business or Accounting or other Relevant Sector (public policy, hospital administration) and 3-5 years relevant work experience
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written; strong sense of teamwork
• Self-motivation and enthusiasm for synthesizing complex information and concepts into straightforward, concise and insightful analysis
• Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced, transaction-oriented environment
• Advanced proficiency in Excel and Word
• Strong numbers and data background and thorough familiarity with spreadsheet
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: www.fitchratings.com | www.fitchsolutions.com | www.fitchlearning.com
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
UNITED STATES ONLY :
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Fitch requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment on or after October 4, 2021 be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Fitch will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.