Associate Director-Strategy Indices and Product Management
Associate Director- Strategy Indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices Grade
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 12 The Location:
New York, New York The Team:
The Strategy team at S&P Dow Jones Indices (S&P DJI) is seeking an Associate Director to support its initiatives in North America. This is an exciting opportunity to join the team as a product manager, providing S&P DJI's clients with indexing solutions in growing areas of the investment landscape: Factors, Dividends, and Thematic Investing. This multifaceted role includes serving as a product expert speaking with clients, media, or at events, and internally as the owner of the product development and maintenance process as well as the financial health of the product line. The Role:
The Associate Director will play an integral role within Strategy Product Management - the global team responsible for the commercial success of Factor and Thematic indices. The role includes the following key responsibilities:
What's in it for You:
- Help define and execute the product development strategy in the North American region, considering broad market trends towards sustainable investing norms
- Support the suite of Strategy Indices (Factor & Thematic) and products via analysis and content creation for thought leadership materials (blogs, white papers, video, and other media)
- Work closely with Research and Design team on index design
- Plan, coordinate, and implement required tasks to ensure a smooth and timely launch of new indices
- Participate and present at client meetings as a subject matter expert
- Collaborate with product management team members globally and support global initiatives
The investment industry is in the midst of a tremendous structural shift brought about by technological changes and the shift from active to passive investing. This position sits squarely at the epicenter of this evolution.
The role will provide exposure to multiple products and asset classes within investment management.
The role will allow the Associate Director to have impactful exposure to multiple groups within S&P DJI (Marketing and Communications, Channel management, Research & Design, Index Development, Client Coverage, and others), to clients such as structured product desks, asset managers and asset owners, exchanges, and other financial technology and data players. Knowledge and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree required. Masters degree in a relevant field or progress towards a CFA Charterholder status a plus.
- At least five to seven years of relevant work experience
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills are essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Candidate would eventually have to deliver high quality presentations both internally to management and externally to clients. In addition, they would be responsible for creating other content.
- The position requires interacting with sophisticated clients. The ability to learn and ask questions is paramount.
- Programming skills (Python, VBA, others) are desirable
- Knowledge of financial packages such as FactSet, Capital IQ, Bloomberg, Barra, Axioma, etc. is desirable
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team. Candidate can effectively influence others and gain their consensus when needed.
- Demonstrated ability to handle steep learning curves; Candidate should be very comfortable dealing with ambiguity and uncertainty.
The position requires the ability to deal with a high level of technical complexity and the ability to explain that complexity to a wide audience. It is not expected that the individual be competent in any of the existing strategies, but they should have the background and the ability to tackle steep learning curves and drive discussions with extremely sophisticated clients.
S&P Dow Jones Indices, a leading brand of the S&P Global, maintains a wide variety of investable and benchmark indices to meet an array of investor needs. Over $1.25 trillion is directly indexed to Standard & Poor's family of indices, which includes the S&P 500, the world's most followed stock market index, the S&P/Case-Shiller Home Price Indices, the leading measure of U.S. home prices, the S&P Global BMI, an index with approximately 11,000 constituents, the S&P GSCI, the industry's most closely watched commodities index, and the S&P National AMT-Free Municipal Bond Index, the premier investable index for U.S. municipal bonds.
S&P Global is a leader in content and analytics for the global capital, commodities, and commercial markets. The company harnesses the power and scope of data from its businesses to create integrated solutions that meet emerging customer needs, acting as a catalyst for growth worldwide. Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $82,600 to $ 188,600. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires .
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), PDMGDV202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
267762 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States